Hidden Dlc Free to use for Commercial games?

Jyxxy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I learned recently that there's a hidden folder full of extra resources to use that I got when I bought my Rpg Maker MV game on steam. If I make a game, In Rpg Maker MV, to sell, am I allowed to legally sell the game using those extra resources from that hidden folder in my own made game? These are the ones that came with my Rpg MV game, that I bought in steam.

Attachments

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is not "hidden", that is simply the folder where Steam stores all DLC content for MV - paid or free. And RPG Maker comes with some freebie DLC contents, so that is where Steam puts it.

But yes, it should be usable for commercial games. There should be EULA's. If not, please ask about specific packs.

Jyxxy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I can use any and all the extra music in this dlc folder, for free, to sell in my game Im making? Because I don't see any terms of use for them. At least atm.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you show a screenshot of the contents of your DLC folder? Because all mine contains is subfolders for each individual DLC, whether ones I've purchased or freebies. Inside those folders, there is a text document with the EULA information.

Without knowing which music you are talking about, I cannot give a specific answer, but for the most part, yes, they should be usable commercially.

Jyxxy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I go to the Browse Local files in my steam for the Rpg Maker MV, and its directory is highlighted in the picture as well as follows:
steamapps > common > Rpg Maker MV >dlc > Base Resource >audio > bgm

Attachments

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, those Base Resources are a part of the MV default resources. If a new project was created with ALL of the default resources in it, the file size would be huge. So, by default, when you create a new project, only some of the resources are put into the project. The rest are there for you to add as you wish.

So, yes, everything in the Base Resource files can be used in commercial games.

Jyxxy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah ok! Thank you very much! And thank you very much for your time :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am feeling better about my update schedule, I feel like I am actually getting consistent work done even if it isn’t big updates.
It's a joy to work on a well-made map. I am not regretting this commission in the least!
I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.
now I need to determine, how MV determines if an auto tile is complete or not.
Edit:From what I can tell it uses Autotile kinds to do that.
Edit 2: The editor determines it and packs picture data for the engine....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thunderwarp