hiddenone found a mic (and decided to play some games!)

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey folks, since I got my hands on a mic I decided to give let's plays a try. I'll mostly be playing short games since I don't have too much time to record. I've never been much of a talker so I figured this would be an interesting challenge for me. :) Probably will only be able to play one game a week or so, but we'll see how things go.

I'll take some requests, but please only suggest games that are around 30 minutes or less.

With the IGMC still on everyone's mind, I'll be starting out with some of the games from it:
Almanac by @Arend Galenkamp - A puzzle game based on making portals and pushing crystals. Unfortunately too challenging to control at the moment to be all that enjoyable (also, I'm bad a puzzles it seems :kaoswt2:).

Rhuneworld by @SmashArtist - A short intro to a possibly interesting world. The characters seem cute, but with very little gameplay at the moment it's hard to tell how fun battles and such will eventually be.

Princess Dreams by @RetroExcellent - A short look at a princess named Bea's adventure in an apathetic town. Unfortunately I ran into some issues with both battles and figuring out what to do next that made the short experience not as enjoyable as it could have been.

Fear by @RoooodWorks - Less of a game than just an explore a mansion thing, so not much to say. It's a shame that the dev ended up ill and unable to add in a story, since it could have been interesting.

Judged for Crime by @Tuomo L - A game where we play as an 8-year-old who's a better detective than any of the adults. It's not a bad game, but unfortunately long loading screens and not getting to do any real detective work soured the experience for me.

In League with the Devil by @mobiusclimber - A game focusing on a possibly interesting world with witches and witch hunters, but in its current state there's way more telling than showing which bogs down actually playing the game.
Even for Eternia (part 1) by @Arin - The start of an adventure for Rubellum, a craftswoman who ends up getting more than she bargained for after chatting with a bird.
Newest video:
Towerø by @Tw0Face - A short puzzle-focused game. The puzzles are put together well, but my brain found solving some of them much harder than it probably should have been.

Last edited:

RoooodWorks

Devil King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
well my game is smoll, it doesnt have a story or gameplay but u can run around the mansion and click things and hide in places. https://itch.io/jam/igmc2018/rate/335895 it just a explore the mansion and see what mistakes u can discover Cos thats all I had time to do as i got unwell after mapping and I am just a solo game dev.

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yay! I'll be tuning in. So exciting!

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Funny how sometimes people sound exactly as you imagined lol
Nice relaxing voice :) Loved watching these. Especially the parts where you start questioning the logic behing stuff haha
Looking forward to the next one! :D

Chiara

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mean, you know my opinions already, but let me stand on this here box to make me look tall and very loudly say that I had fun watching your videos, they're very entertaining; other people, watch them! : D

Edit: I just realized that cartoon you makes different expressions on the preview images or what they're called. | D That's a nice detail.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RoooodWorks & @Tuomo L I'll check your games out, thanks for the links. :)

Happy to hear that I'm not totally messing things up in these videos. :guffaw: Today we've got another short game, Princess Dreams by @RetroExcellent - A short look at a princess named Bea's adventure in an apathetic town. Unfortunately I ran into some issues with both battles and figuring out what to do next that made the short experience not as enjoyable as it could have been.

Dama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Speaking while doing LP is more fun but what if I do it without saying anything? Would it feel bad or strange? I've done some yet didn't make thread.
by the way here's my game, not less than 30 min but most probably less than 60 min:
2 Worlds Onside
https://itch.io/jam/igmc2018/rate/336596

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dama Personally I enjoy hearing the player chat while they play, but some people do like only the game music and sounds. If you want to make a thread, I say go for it. :) Thanks for the game link, I'll check it out.

Finally got the next video up (darn internet not wanting to upload), unfortunately this one has very little in the way of gameplay. Fear by @RoooodWorks - Less of a game than just an explore a mansion thing, so not much to say. It's a shame that the dev ended up ill and unable to add in a story, since it could have been interesting.

RoooodWorks

Devil King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
thanks for playing, I know it wasn't much. Just glad you got to see what I was attempting. you can use flashlight I just didn't make a tutorial for it in this version for the controls, although they are on the game page XD. Most bugs you found have been fixed I just haven't been able to upload it yet. About indicating where hiding spots are, I will speak to some people who are well versed in horror games and ask them about it see what they think, because indicating where they can hide probably won't make it very horrifying if they know where to hide. I am using clock tower games for the hiding mechanics cos its a cool mechanics and I like it, and being defenseless too.

Anyways thanks for playing and will use what you said to make it even better, thank you :)

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RoooodWorks Yeah, I don't read game pages, I expect the game to explain things to me while playing.... Could explain a lot of my troubles when playing games. :guffaw: I didn't mean indicating where the hiding spots are when looking for one, but showing when and where Josie was hiding (like being able to see her peeking out of the closet or some eyes when under a bed). Having her just disappear felt odd to me, so being able to slightly see her would make me feel more like she's hiding and not that she just turned invisible. :)

RoooodWorks

Devil King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
ah yeah thats understandable. A few people have mentioned that, So will try that in the update as well. thanks. The hiding mechanics was a quick add in the only one u really get to see her hide is behind certain plants.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
*hears KSP music*
". . . . . . . really?" :stare:

Arin

Tonight...we dine...in-oh a piece of candy!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fraglspock
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello hiddenone! I would be very interested if you could do a run through of my demo real quick for my project. However, I have to ask what kind of limit it is you have on LP'ing games, specifically in regards to how much content you want to go through. For example, my demo is very, very polished with about 3 hours of content, but maybe even more depending on if you decide to do everything. If you only do short games I can completely understand but I wanted to get my project out there to see if people were interested.

Mainly, there are only a couple of things that would need feedback on: Battle difficulty and how well you think the crafting system is implemented. These two things are things that I struggle with because aside from a couple of close friends, I haven't had any actual testers to test how well the battles and crafting is implemented. However, I would like to hear your thoughts on sort of longer episodes before I start giving out the game.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Arin I ask for shorter games mostly because shorter games usually are earlier in development so there's more suggestions I can make (igmc entries are a weird thing since they're short but also mostly done, but with so many of them out there it seemed like a good way to get started). I find longer games to be harder to help since the dev is usually not as willing to make changes, and I really do enjoy giving devs feedback over making a funny video for the game.

I'm not against playing longer games and would be willing to check out your demo, but my videos would still end up on the shorter side since I just don't have a ton of time to record... So if you don't mind it taking a while to get it all posted feel free to send it my way. :)

Arin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fraglspock
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Arin I ask for shorter games mostly because shorter games usually are earlier in development so there's more suggestions I can make (igmc entries are a weird thing since they're short but also mostly done, but with so many of them out there it seemed like a good way to get started). I find longer games to be harder to help since the dev is usually not as willing to make changes, and I really do enjoy giving devs feedback over making a funny video for the game.

I'm not against playing longer games and would be willing to check out your demo, but my videos would still end up on the shorter side since I just don't have a ton of time to record... So if you don't mind it taking a while to get it all posted feel free to send it my way. :)
Of course. Short videos or long videos, just as long as there's good constructive criticism, I don't mind. I will DM you the link to the game.

mobiusclimber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd be honored if you reviewed my game: In League With The Devil

Fair warning tho, it's 15 minutes, almost all story, and fairly amateurish. I realize a lot of mistakes I made, but still would love to hear your thoughts, if you feel like it.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mobiusclimber Alrighty, I'll check it out.

I'm trying to decide what day to aim for for releases, do you guys think Wednesdays or Fridays would be best? I've also got some longer games a few devs requested, so we'll be seeing some longer videos or multiple part series in the future. :)

Today we've got Judged for Crime by @Tuomo L - A game where we play as an 8-year-old who's a better detective than any of the adults. It's not a bad game, but unfortunately lots of loading screens and not getting to do any real detective work soured the experience for me.

Arin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fraglspock
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mobiusclimber Alrighty, I'll check it out.

I'm trying to decide what day to aim for for releases, do you guys think Wednesdays or Fridays would be best?
Friday definitely. Everyone will be either off work or getting off work that day and will be ready to enjoy the weekend. What better way to do it than watching an LP?

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Arin Good point however taking in consideration the different timezones releasing on wednesday might be better (that way everyone can watch them on Friday if they want without having to wait 8 hours... Or it would in my case haha ;))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is i possible too make a weapon have a chance of using a skill?
Can the Eternal Dreamers finish off the final boss? We'll see!
Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
I was making a cutscene where Hero's dad got killed by the dragon but when he lose its say game over and send you to the tittle screen. How can remove game over for that cutscene

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenigamesquad007