hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Draciel Thanks for the suggestions, the mimic will probably be showing up sooner than the other ones (the dragon's gonna be a big boy).
@luxer19 The Darklord-Final is on the list, but since it'll be a big monster it'll be a while before it's done.
@maigmemple Do you mean a normal fox? Hmm, I hadn't considered making a lot of normal animals into battlers, but I'll think about it.
@M.I.A. It is now! ;)
sv-saturday-banner_orig.gif
It's finally Saturday, which means it's time for a new monster! We've got a devilishly handsome enemy today: the imp! This fiend is ready to send your heroes to hell (or fight them there). I went with the darker colors seen in the battler image instead of the sprite for the basic one, since the sprite's colors ended up less scary for this battler.
733771884.png
762762171.png
182755532.png

341074757.png
429976138.png

Happy game making! :rwink:

maigmemple

Face maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haha ye
@Draciel Thanks for the suggestions, the mimic will probably be showing up sooner than the other ones (the dragon's gonna be a big boy).
@luxer19 The Darklord-Final is on the list, but since it'll be a big monster it'll be a while before it's done.
@maigmemple Do you mean a normal fox? Hmm, I hadn't considered making a lot of normal animals into battlers, but I'll think about it.
@M.I.A. It is now! ;)
It's finally Saturday, which means it's time for a new monster! We've got a devilishly handsome enemy today: the imp! This fiend is ready to send your heroes to hell (or fight them there). I went with the darker colors seen in the battler image instead of the sprite for the basic one, since the sprite's colors ended up less scary for this battler.
733771884.png
762762171.png
182755532.png

341074757.png
429976138.png

haha yeah I normal fox :)
You are really good at battlers and a fox would be cool to have in a party :D

Lumovanis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These battlers are great, I enjoy logging in to look over the new ones you do. What I have noticed is a distinct lack of soldiers in all these battler resources (and I speak about everyone in general). Likely because a bunch of generic soldiers seem kind of mundane, but still. I would definitely request a few soldiers (sword and shield, crossbow, spear/pike), maybe a couple elite troops (like a heavily armored centurion with a tower shield, a fully armored soldier with a greatsword, etc), hell, maybe some cavalry (swords, spears, bows, etc). I just find it weird no one really makes those types of animated battlers.

Either way, keep up the good work!

Crowtis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OMG u r so good!
These are very helpful to whom uses default rtp resources!
The only thing I suggest is the size could be bigger compared to the default sv character.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Lumovanis I think one reason there aren't many soldier battlers is because you can make some decently different ones just from the armor in the generator and the resources for helmets and weapons you can find in threads around here. Personally I just don't enjoy working on armor, so I'm not planning on adding more anytime soon.

@Crowtis I considered making the battlers larger, but considering how much time it takes to make them at their current size it would probably shift my schedule from one a week to one a month... So for now most of the 'weaker' monsters will be on the small side.

Lumovanis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@hiddenone : That's fair, I guess I didn't consider the generator being the culprit for lack of diversity in customs. Ah well, still happy to see the new stuff as it rolls out.

Amenti

*Grandiose*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice, excellently done, @hiddenone. :) I really like all the battlers you have released so far. Good luck with the rest you plan to release.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So I've gotten to see a few of my battlers in action which is awesome, I love seeing how y'all use my resources! :kaoluv: But it did make me realize that I needed to add something to my terms: PLEASE, do not resize my sprited SV battlers to partial percentages (like 125% or 150%)! It takes a lot of work to make the SV battlers, and when they get resized they often end up blurry, which makes me sad (and a sad hiddenone is a slow-to-sprite hiddenone :kaocry:). It's fine to make them larger by whole percentages (like 200%), as long as the pixel look remains.
resizing ex.png
Thanks in advance for following my updated terms, and happy game making!

Amenti

*Grandiose*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I resized a wolf to those numbers. I'll check.

piotruk22

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Polish/English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Resizing them to 200% or anything else still makes them blurry for me

Draciel

Black Turtle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Slovak
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Resizing them to 200% or anything else still makes them blurry for me
You need to use 'Nearest neighbor interpolation' (photoshop) or similar... Size plugins (yanfly) always make them blurry.

@hiddenone hi, checking 'near neigbor' and all % follow pixel look, but if it isn't doubled/tripled... it looks dumb. Dumb look should be forbidden, too! :hsrs:

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are all amazing, Hidden. Such a wonderful thing you are doing for the community. Makes me want to make a small project, just to showcase everything! xD

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@piotruk22 Draciel has the right idea, your art program should have an option like nearest neighbor that will keep it from being blurry.
@Draciel If someone wants their battlers to be larger than triple the size of mine, then they probably shouldn't be using pixel-based ones in the first place. :rswt
We've got a staple of cave encounters today: the bat! This critter is ready to knock the wind out of any party's sails with it's airborne attacks!
509613732.png
376613098.png
260403995.png

390232047.png
592287193.png

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yay!! Another SV BATtler!! HOw Punnerific!! :) Excellent work.

-MIA

Zealraid

Pixel Researcher
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great work, thanks for sharing! :hwink:

RodsXP

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love your sv battlers. :kaohi:
Do you plan to make the jellyfish or the SF-Drone?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Light up explosions with QABS and Community Lighting.
qcPQHt9.gif
Doing RPG Maker News #18 | Moghunter is Back, Encrypt MV/MZ Plugins, Isometric Geometric Tiles
Unironically, no joke, after consideration and self-reflection, I have decided that the best thing for my creative/workflow/commitment problems is to spend EVEN MOAR hours a day playing videogames than I normally do. (Micro-thread)
FINALLY got my weather system implemented. Who needs a black mage when you have a weathermancer! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valleybees