gigaswardblade

narcisistic narcoleptic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

did i do something wrong when copying the images over to my generator folder?

Attachments

• huh.png
    huh.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 9

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@gigaswardblade Did you deleted the human body neck? For more detalis
  • Small note: To use the beastmen neck, you have to remove the file named 'FG_Body_p01_c1_m001' and put in the one you want. MV may need to be restarted for it to register.

ZomBhunter64

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry, this is probably a noob question that's been answered before, but with all the pages I just don't want to go digging through them. How do I download the centaur and lamia sprite templates, and how do I add them to the generator? I don't see a download file for the Sprite Templates section, so this has me thrown off on what to do.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
To download, right-click the image and select 'Save image'. Navigate to the folder where you want to keep them and hit save.

As I don't use MV, I can't answer your second question. However, have you checked the Help files and tutorial that are included with MV?

ZomBhunter64

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks. Now to wait and see if someone could answer that second question. Lol

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@gigaswardblade Krystek_My is correct, if you want the dragon neck then you need to go into the generator folders and manually swap them.

@ZomBhunter64 The simple answer is: you don't. The centaur and lamia bases aren't designed to work in the default generator, you may be able to do them in the extended generator but you would still need to edit the outfits to properly fit the sprites.

ZomBhunter64

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks. I'll see if I can get it working.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
sv-saturday-banner_orig.gif
Yet another staple of RPGs today: the slime! A hero can't really be called a hero unless they've slain at least one of these oozing enemies, so put this guy in your game so your adventurers can be true heroes!
518641091.png
630683762.png
112319373.png

966520927.png
767690166.png
Happy game making! :rwink:

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
The slime's shrugging animation is so cool.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
We've got a desert dweller this week: the scorpion! This armored critter is ready to pinch and stab your heroes into submission, so make sure your heroes are ready!
564165695.png
462545871_orig.png
637723660.png

518206421_orig.png
204715142.png
Got another question for y'all today. Would you like to see variations of monsters beyond recolors (kinda like the cockatrice and rooster), or do you want to see brand new monsters each week? And as always, happy game making! :rwink:

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I always get so happy when you post a new one of these - thank you for all your work!

I'd rather see brand new monsters each week - especially looking forward to the bosses.

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
YASSSSS @ THE SCORPION!!!

@hiddenone , If I ever finish my current project, your SV battlers are inspiring me to want to make a grid based combat game.. :)

-MIA

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am always waiting to see your post on saturdays! Your SV_Battlers are so awesome and well made! I love especially ypur way to design the attack animations. So cool!

Hm, I think it depends on the type of monster, but variations are always nice to see. Especially when some monsters are overly fabulous in the default RTP, a normalised version can be a great addition. Or variations for different terrains or difficulties? I'd say, go with what gives you the most pleasure!

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@jonthefox Then you are gonna love next week's battler (if I can get it done...).
@M.I.A. I hope you finish your current project then, since that idea sounds cool!
@Avery Funny enough, my method for attack animations came about because I couldn't figure out a good way to do them, so I just went "Let's add some blur!", and luckily it works.

So, the reason I asked about seeing variations is because I started one of the larger battlers... And it's a lot of work! :kaodes: I don't want to miss a week while working on a big guy, but I could see them easily taking me two weeks to get done. But if I have an 'easier' battler every other week then it'll be a lot less stressful. I'll probably be doing that anyways, but it helps me figure out what to do next if I've got an idea of what y'all are interested in seeing. :)
minotaur.gif
Moo!

Bettylex

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much for all your beautiful creations, @hiddenone. Because I love the braided ponytail in your great generator pack and I thought it was a shame there was no Face part, I attempted to make it myself. I know it's not perfect, but I think it's good enough to be used. I thought I would leave it here, in case you want to include it in your pack:

HVkLKqM.png

Attachments

• Braided Ponytail.zip
    89.7 KB · Views: 51

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm with Avery in regards to creating what you feel like doing at the time. Variations are always nice, and saves you time for bigger things. This way we would still get something weekly, and you wouldn't get a case of burn out.

Thank you for your incredible creations!!

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

*Insert Legend of Zelda item jingle here*
We've got a big battler today: the Minotaur! This bull-headed beast is ready to challenge your heroes in a fight to the death! He's big, he's bad, and he's combat ready!
243102785_orig.png
minotaur-brown_orig.png

minotaur-red_orig.png

minotaur-white_orig.png

minotaur-black_orig.png
Happy game making! :rwink:

Edit: Images had been blurry, replaced them with the nice versions!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

not me baking a pie because i was inspired by celeste
Doing RPG Maker News for 10th April, 2021. :LZScheeze: (Improving on the thumbnails, by using assets from the day's news.)
Just discovering the forum.
Since Final Fantasy VII has been trending today, decided to make a series of my favorite bars in the OG game! Check it out:

At 2021, we are now farther from the 1980's than they were from the 1950's. Consider that the next time you long for a 1980's song, when you thought your grandpa's taste for 1950's music was "outdated".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armyrule94