hiddenone's MV Resource Warehouse

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see. This would be cool but not sure I understood how to use it very well lol. I'll still give it a go

Lacophie

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably a dumb question: I can't add the full image to the map, how am I supposed to scale it to the correct size to make it movable through the map? I took a print of my problem.

Attachments

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Lacophie I think you're trying to use MV-format resources in Ace (or another RPG Maker). You'll need to downsize it in an image-editing program like GIMP or Photoshop.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Lacophie I might be reading this wrong, but sounds like you're trying to use it as a wlaking character. It's a battler though and so it's formatted as a battler (different dimensions and what not) and not as a walking character.

Lacophie

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lacophie I might be reading this wrong, but sounds like you're trying to use it as a wlaking character. It's a battler though and so it's formatted as a battler (different dimensions and what not) and not as a walking character.
Ohh, I understood now. I'm creating a project using an ABS plugin, so I thought that I could use this sprites as walkable enemies. Thanks for the reply @slimmmeiske2 and @Wavelength

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I hope you guys are ready for some awesome Hine sprites! @FrozenNorseman was kind enough to share his commission with everyone again, so today we get some new NPCs and the first Hine monster!

First up are some armored NPCs! The leather-clad guards are fine for small sleepy villages, but bigger towns need better guardians... And these guys are ready to step up to the challenge! Clad in metal plates and chainmail, these knights are a willing and able to battle any monsters that attack their towns!
metal armor ex.png
Speaking of monsters, this giant spider is here to crawl into your nightmares! This awful arachnid is as big as a person, and hungry! Even experienced adventurers know to avoid these beasts when they see them prowling caves and forests.
monster-spider.gif

Unfortunately, monster spiders don't just live in the wild... Some of them are smart enough to disguise themselves to sneak into towns! Of course, they can't eat anyone in their human form, so anyone unlucky enough to become their target gets to see this terrifying transformation before their end!

Well, that's it for today! Oh, a quick question for people: would you like some master download files for my resources? I'm considering making a few (like my kitchen sink generator part one, but for the other resources), but only if people would find it useful. :)

Happy game making! :rwink:

Last edited:

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow that's awesome!

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm considering making a few (like my kitchen sink generator part one, but for the other resources), but only if people would find it useful.
Yeah, it's always great to have things in one place. It would be useful.

CrowStorm

Storm crow descending, Winter unending.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
People that share their commissions = awesome.
All of the sprites in this thread = awesome.
GODAMN WERE-SPIDERS = TRIPLY friggin' AWESOME

@hiddenone really buried the lede here, though. If I had made something as terrifyingly awesome as this nightmare in sprite form
, I'd retitle the whole damn thread something like "WERESPIDERS, YOU ****S!" for at least several months. : P

Oh, and @FrozenNorseman it was a really good idea to hire @hiddenone, esp. for this particular commission. I don't know about every other human on these forums, but I can't see that werespider thing and NOT be mad curious about your game.

I find it hilarious that in RM parlance TURNING INTO A SPIDER counts as "behavior". Yes, I get that behavior is a technical term for sprites doing ANYTHING (from scratching your head to hatching a chest burster and everything in between), but idc it's still funny.

QUERY: (one of) the compilation threads for tall sprites identifies all of the following as styles

ThatThread said:
Hiddenone Tall, Hiddenone Tall V2, Hime Sprite
Are "Hine" sprites essentially Hiddenone Tall V3? Are they the same as Hime sprites, or are they two different things? (I know there's an I-think-unrelated? user Hime that has a bunch of badass scripts available.)

Last edited:

Morizel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now I need to wait for battlers, which allows to use giant spiders in combat. As monsters or player's allies
P.S. I solved that my old problem, Hiddenone. It seems that some of your resources are blocked in Russia, and I can download them only through proxy-plugins ala Hola.
I'm sorry for request, but there is SV-battlers of Wyvern and Dragon by Avery and whtdragon?

Last edited:

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@CrowStorm I've considered updating the thread title to mention new resources, but I figure this way it's more of a happy surprise for anyone who feels like scrolling through my stuff... Also I would've tried to come up with puns for everything, and that would've been too tough after a while. :guffaw:

As for your question, Hine sprites is the right name for the style (Hime is an accidental spelling mistake by others, but most people realize I made them so it's fine). It is pretty much Tall V3, but I thought more that two named like that could get confusing so the style got its own name.

@Morizel Yeah, some countries seem to block my site and there's not much I can do about that unfortunately. I don't have any sv battlers of those (don't know of any either), and at the moment I'm not planning on making them because they're just so much work. :rswt

FrozenNorseman

Shivering
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm glad you're as excited about the spider-man (I'll show myself out in just a bit) as I am @CrowStorm . It was an idea that I wasn't sure was doable, but hidden made it possible.

Sadly it will be a bit until you see anything from me, as I am only plugging away at my little project in the off-time I have between parenting and working.

Sharing commissions is kind of a no-brainer for me. So much of what I use wouldn't be possible if someone hadn't made it accessible to the public, and some of my favourite tilesets are adaptions of existing tilesets that I would have had to spend money or time on creating if they didn't already exist. Now I get to use them, and adapt them for my game.

My hope is that the more stuff for hidden's Hine sprites that become available, the more people will create their own stuff (and hopefully make that open to public use too). And I would *really* love to see what others can do with something like that spider-to-human behaviour or the knights and soldiers available in the thread.

@hiddenone has my highest recommendations for commissions. Super easy to work with and great at catching my ideas and putting them into sprite-form. 10/10, would hire again (and probably will, her time permitting).

Also, because this is when we hold it in my country, Happy Holidays to you and everyone else reading along.

Sunjean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you Hiddeone (& FrozenNorseman) for the Hine sprites.
What I want for Christmas:

1. Peace on earth
2. Hine sprites pack in the store

:)

Cend

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Unity
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I just fell in love the second I saw them:kaoluv:

CrowStorm

Storm crow descending, Winter unending.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm glad you're as excited about the spider-man (I'll show myself out in just a bit) as I am @CrowStorm .
This was the first thing I read after waking up (MERRY CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CRITTERS) from a nap (well, if you can call 5 GD hours a nap) and somehow I isolated the phrase "as I am StormCrow" really, really hard so there was this long moment maybe even an actual minute of me looking at the words scratching my head going "no you're not, FrozenNorseman isn't one of my alts" lol. I have had a lot of alt accounts over the years before settling on this one so like other people have accused me in the past of being dev xyz but I've never seen anyone who isn't me claim to be I was thinking.

Cend: unless you were raised by Unity speaking parents, it is not your first language; also, it is a programming language lol. I can see how it would be easy to make that mistake in this context.

Thank you Hiddeone (& FrozenNorseman) for the Hine sprites.
What I want for Christmas:

1. Peace on earth
2. Hine sprites pack in the store

:)
Being broker than dirt, I kind of like them right where they are lol but they are definitely good enough to pay money for.

Sadly it will be a bit until you see anything from me, as I am only plugging away at my little project in the off-time I have between parenting and working.
I understand and I salute you! It's tough enough parenting my furbabies it'd be even harder with actual human chilluns.

Sharing commissions is kind of a no-brainer for me. So much of what I use wouldn't be possible if someone hadn't made it accessible to the public, and some of my favourite tilesets are adaptions of existing tilesets that I would have had to spend money or time on creating if they didn't already exist. Now I get to use them, and adapt them for my game.
Word. I support this (but I also understand people that are protective of their commissioned content, esp. if they bought it very dearly with money they didn't really have to spend like ... me).

Last edited:

Spctorres

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I cannot figure out where i'm supposed to put the tall male and female characters. Can they be added to the default generator so that they can be customized with clothes?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I cannot figure out where i'm supposed to put the tall male and female characters. Can they be added to the default generator so that they can be customized with clothes?
No.
They are a brand new template, so not only they would not fit, the pieces there would not either. Unless hiddenone gives the pieces for this template you'll have to assume you'll have to open them in an image editor and draw the characters yourself on them.

Spctorres

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I cannot figure out how to get the humans to turn into the spider. I copied over the file and added the $ to the beginning of the file name, but i can't get it to work. Any suggestions?

Attachments

dragon1up

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope you guys are ready for some awesome Hine sprites! @FrozenNorseman was kind enough to share his commission with everyone again, so today we get some new NPCs and the first Hine monster!

First up are some armored NPCs! The leather-clad guards are fine for small sleepy villages, but bigger towns need better guardians... And these guys are ready to step up to the challenge! Clad in metal plates and chainmail, these knights are a willing and able to battle any monsters that attack their towns!
View attachment 127047
Speaking of monsters, this giant spider is here to crawl into your nightmares! This awful arachnid is as big as a person, and hungry! Even experienced adventurers know to avoid these beasts when they see them prowling caves and forests.
View attachment 127051

Unfortunately, monster spiders don't just live in the wild... Some of them are smart enough to disguise themselves to sneak into towns! Of course, they can't eat anyone in their human form, so anyone unlucky enough to become their target gets to see this terrifying transformation before their end!

Well, that's it for today! Oh, a quick question for people: would you like some master download files for my resources? I'm considering making a few (like my kitchen sink generator part one, but for the other resources), but only if people would find it useful. :)

Happy game making! :rwink:
For the spider coming out of the human, would it be possible to do that for the Nurse ? The default one which has a needle she's injecting into her infected arm ? Like it looks like a parisite is on her arm. I believe she has a normal sprite without being infected or anything and then the spite with the crazed look and needle.

Maybe have the parisite take over her body it something IDK ahah just a suggestion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

The GIF of this seemed too cool to bury in replies. :LZSwink:
You may have slept with my aunt... but, given the circumstances, cheers.

- Professor Ian Duncan, 2013
Ami
--- Swimming ---

F.Knight: This Shrine always Flood. We don't have a choice,we have to Swimming in this place
F.Healer: That Insane!
F.Mage: We can use…Boat,rather than Swimming
F.Knight: You guys…Can't Swim?
F.Healer & F.Mage: (Shocked) Eehh??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RikuTales