Hide and seek (Haunting Ground/Clocktower mechanics?)

Bobanejane

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am new to rpg maker, and I was wondering if it was at all possible to make a sort of "hide and seek" mechanic within rpg maker.

I want to make a survival horror game where the action is mostly  solving puzzles and evading enemies, similar to the mechanics in Haunting Ground or the Clocktower games where there is a monster/stalker chasing the main character at certain points, and the main character has the option to hide and evade the enemy.  In most cases there is a slight chance the ai will find you, in which case you would have to either run and find another hiding spot, or attack the enemy.  

Is there a way to do this?  It seems like it might be possible, albeit complicated.  Any thoughts?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anything is possible - and the mechanics you described should be easy to do as long as you're carefull with map design and switches.

You can set events to approach the player as soon as something happens (usually by switches) or to approach permanently (but being blocked by map obstacles) or in a number of different ways.

QuizicalGin

Multi-tasking pixeler with a brain on the fritz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My hiding tutorial. A Small adendum to it is that you can use a single branch for the hiding mechanic part of it. Just have the top one be set as less than the variable for the hiding and then in else put what happens with the variable is the number required for the game over.

Chasing mechanics if you need them. There are other tuts on my channel as well. You can take a peek and see what else can be useful to you. :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Success, my character has harnessed the power of the particle, and now she leaves a speed streak.:kaopride:

I'm breaking up with QSprite. :kaolivid:
Ami
--- Spoiled Food ---

M.Knight: Oh,no! the Bread has been Mold!
Chef: It's not Mold,it's in Fermentation.
M.Knight: Are you sure?
Chef: Y'know Cheese? It's safe to eat
(Chef eat the Moldy Bread,after that he take into the Hospital with Green Face)
Suddenly I remember the days when I create something just by pure wild imagination. I wasn't thinking about concept, structure, or anything else. Just create (even if it's unfinished in the end). Somehow I kinda want to have that wild imagination again. :D
Google "The Great Stink"
Enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eryops