jet_black

Hopeless & Hardboiled
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hello guys,

I would like to tweak the rpg maker defaults for a game that doesn´t need the full Jrpg-package.

What I need from the defaults is the HP. I don´t need the MP at all, don´t need the skills, don´t need the default stats and I would like to add custom stats that I could use in interaction with events. I also don´t need a whole party of characters, so only one character is enough.

So how can I acchieve that?

- No MP (also not shown in any HUD or menu)

- No default stats

- Custom Stats used only for non-combat in combination with events. If it could work with dice rolls (stat + 1d6, etc.) and the event would have conditions like "if rolled value > 8 then X happens", then that would be a dream

- Menu only for 1 character

- HUD that shows health all the time would be great.

Do you have any hints or solutions?

I am very thankful for answers.

Greetings,

jb

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
For the dice rolls system, you can store your custom variables into variables, and use the variable control event to randomise a value : 

1450908778-capture.png
(sry, it's in french^^)

You could alose use the vanilla stats, but rename them, and store their value into variables to use them into your events.

For your other request, i think you will have to use plugins, but i don't know well Ace's plugins ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
By not needing the full RM package, do you mean you want to build a game that doesn't require the RTP?

If that's the case, simply goto your game.ini in your project folder and change

RTP=RPGVXAceto

RTP=Note that if you use any picture/sound/font file from the RTP you will need to move the files manually to your project folder or the game will crash.

Your players will not need to download and install the RTP to play your game if you build your game this way.

But if you only mean you want the GUI to look different, then you should check the master script list for one that suits your requirement.

If you can't find one there, then it's best you either edit this post and change the title, or make a new request for GUI change.

It will be better if you actually include some mock up pictures of how you want the GUI to look like.

Do not expect script writers to be psychics that can read other people's mind.

jet_black

Hopeless & Hardboiled
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Oh, sorry. I mean the JRPG-package. With that, I mean that I don´t need the auto level-up, battle system, etc.

I don´t really know how to store variables, as in custom features. So I would need a more detailed description how to use the stats in events if that is possible :)

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
You mean the main engine script then.

It's not advisable to remove them unless you really know what you are doing.

If you do not need them. simply don't use them and leave them alone.

Look up in the master script list for non-battle GUI. Or any GUI that fits your requirement. There are tons in there.

Or edit your top post and add mock up pictures of how you want your GUI to be displayed and see if any script writer is willing to make one for you.

You can also try the classified board to pay someone to make one there.

You might want to take a look at these explanations too, lazy to retype it here so here's the link:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/53598-minecraft-like-script/#entry529694

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Day 2 of my redesign journey, as a follow up from the previous post :kaothx:
pXiRJSm.jpg

This is Cedric's son, Apollo!
New pet peeve: Telling tech support personnel what something is doing, only for them to tell me (in excessively condescending tones) what it should be doing. Yes, I know what it should be doing, and if it was doing that, I wouldn’t be talking to you and your attitude problem about it right now, would I? >.<
uglywolf wrote on Khulse's profile.
Hello.
The rules I makes pun about on your last thread is about "Verify Files" before anything else, if the stuff comes from STEAM. Which means, if it could be fixed with just that, there is no need to redownload the whole stuff.
But glad the reinstall worked, hope you enjoy it and your days too.
uh oh, I just tapped into a fresh, deep vein of nightmare fuel right here guys:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkPurplePrince