Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone :kaohi:
I'd like to know how to disable the gauges. I tried to fiddle around in the standard scripts of the maker, but all I was able to accomplish was to hide the gauge and the value all together (by commenting out certain lines). I tried my best, but I guess I need help with this.

Slimsy Platypus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@UgyBoogie to answer this we would need to know which window / scene you are trying to hide these on.

For example, if you are simply trying to hide them in the status menu, you could use Some Random Dude's "menu status customizer" (among many other plugins out there that give you similar control)
http://sumrndm.site/menu-status-customizer/

If you are trying to hide them during battle you can use a similar one of his plugins called the "battle status customizer"
http://sumrndm.site/battle-status-customizer/

Hope that helps and good luck!

UgyBoogie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@UgyBoogie to answer this we would need to know which window / scene you are trying to hide these on.

For example, if you are simply trying to hide them in the status menu, you could use Some Random Dude's "menu status customizer" (among many other plugins out there that give you similar control)
http://sumrndm.site/menu-status-customizer/

If you are trying to hide them during battle you can use a similar one of his plugins called the "battle status customizer"
http://sumrndm.site/battle-status-customizer/

Hope that helps and good luck!
I really should've specified that, my bad. I'm already using your above mentioned plugins for the main menu and during battle. I'm also using an array of Yanfly scripts, but I guess only the Yanfly Core Engine would be significant here.
My problem lies in the smaller Actor windows that appear in the sub menus like Skills, Equip and Status. They don't seem to be affected by the plugins. The Yanfly Core Engine and the standard script "rpg_windows" both have "drawActorSimpleStatus" in them that seem to be for that very window. Again, I tried to comment the lines with drawhp/drawmp out, which got rid of the gauge AND the values displayed. I know I'm close to the answer, but I have no idea about javascript to solve it myself :kaosigh:

Slimsy Platypus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@UgyBoogie Ahh I see now, sort of. So it's still not 100% clear what you are looking for. Are you looking to hide the gauge but display the numbers?

If you just want the gauges hidden, but to display the number, a quirky workaround is to adjust one of your colors in your Window image in the systems folder to a completely transparent "color". Then in the Yanfly Core plugin for the gauge you want gone, set all your guage colors to the transparent one you added. This will allow you to use all of the functionality of the skills/equip/etc. menus without having to get your hands dirty.

If you want to eliminate the guage completely, just add the following notetag into the class note box:
<Swap Gauge 2: null> to remove MP
<Swap Gauge 3: null> to remove TP
This might also work for HP, but I've never used it that way before.

Let me know if that helps of if you are still after something else!

UgyBoogie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@UgyBoogie Ahh I see now, sort of. So it's still not 100% clear what you are looking for. Are you looking to hide the gauge but display the numbers?
That's exactly what I'm trying to do :cutesmile: Only the numbers, no gauges.

Your quirky workaround idea was great in theory, but sadly transparency doesn't seem to work here. I replaced one of the colors with an transparent empty space and set the colors for the gauges to that "color". Sadly the gauges are just displayed in black now. (Tried the same "color" on text, which gets displayed in black as well). I thought we had it :kaoeh:

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Look for actorDrawSimpleStatus in a js file(rpg_windows.js) and then remove the method calls for drawing Guages. Will make life easier.

Issue is if actorDrawSimpleStatus is used in a place you don't want changed those bars will be removed also.

UgyBoogie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Look for actorDrawSimpleStatus in a js file(rpg_windows.js) and then remove the method calls for drawing Guages. Will make life easier.

Issue is if actorDrawSimpleStatus is used in a place you don't want changed those bars will be removed also.

I already tried that, but I can't seem to find (with my limited knowledge) the place where something calls for drawing gauges. This is the piece of code from the script about drawActorSimpleStatus:

Window_Base.prototype.drawActorSimpleStatus = function(actor, x, y, width) {
var lineHeight = this.lineHeight();
var x2 = x + 180;
var width2 = Math.min(200, width - 180 - this.textPadding());
this.drawActorName(actor, x, y);
this.drawActorLevel(actor, x, y + lineHeight * 1);
this.drawActorIcons(actor, x, y + lineHeight * 2);
this.drawActorClass(actor, x2, y);
this.drawActorHp(actor, x2, y + lineHeight * 1, width2);
this.drawActorMp(actor, x2, y + lineHeight * 2, width2);
};

So what exactly is about drawing gauges? (If this is even the correct piece of code) I tried removing the lines with drawActorHp and drawActorMp, but this just gets rid of the gauges AND their number values. And as stated above, I only want the gauges gone, not the numbers.

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
DrawActorHP and drawActorMP must have the code for drawing gauges then.

And, yes it is about drawing gauges / status information. I don't have my PC on hand, but yes you're really close to what you're looking for.

Can do a quick search if you have a text editor on hand: ctrl/cmd+F and look up drawActorMP and drawActorHP

UgyBoogie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Window_Base.prototype.drawActorHp = function(actor, x, y, width) {
width = width || 186;
var color1 = this.hpGaugeColor1();
var color2 = this.hpGaugeColor2();
//this.drawGauge(x, y, width, actor.hpRate(), color1, color2);
this.changeTextColor(this.systemColor());
this.drawText(TextManager.hpA, x, y, 44);
this.drawCurrentAndMax(actor.hp, actor.mhp, x, y, width,
this.hpColor(actor), this.normalColor());
};

Window_Base.prototype.drawActorMp = function(actor, x, y, width) {
width = width || 186;
var color1 = this.mpGaugeColor1();
var color2 = this.mpGaugeColor2();
//this.drawGauge(x, y, width, actor.mpRate(), color1, color2);
this.changeTextColor(this.systemColor());
this.drawText(TextManager.mpA, x, y, 44);
this.drawCurrentAndMax(actor.mp, actor.mmp, x, y, width,
this.mpColor(actor), this.normalColor());
};

Yeah, you were right, that is the spot. When I comment out the lines with "this.drawGauge..." the gauge disappears and the numbers still get displayed :) Only problem: It just works for the mp gauge. hp gauge still gets displayed.
I guess the reason for that is that some other plugin overrides the function for drawing actor hp? My problem is 50% solved, thanks so far :D

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Definitely glad I haven't released a few of my plugins that are technically done. As I learn more, I find ways to make my code more efficient, and in one case so far, discovered an existing function that did EXACTLY what I created my own function to do.
So I was kinda recommended a manga to learn a few drawing tips, I dunno if it will actually work, but I'm liking the story lol
M745veO.jpg
RPG Maker News #12 | Control Zooming, Customize Bush Effect, Causality & Happy Bones on Steam
Episode 16 let's go! We're making an RPG in RPG Maker MZ! This week... even more mapping, we're almost done with all the mapping for our first dungeon!

I have big news. I just got hired at a Mexican restaurant! They're like Chipotle but a bit different... and my job will be taking orders some days, delivering food other days, and of course, making customers happy. My orientation is on Tuesday. Once I start, I might disappear from here sometimes, but I'll always try to come back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROBBYDUDE