Kumo6752

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello.

I want to hide the Formation Menu UNTIL a part of the game. With the System 2 i can hide it from the start but... only that?
in MV you can do this setting a variable as a condition for the scene using yanfly engine, but idk if its possible in MZ.

Thanks.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
one alternative would be to have the formation menu present but disabled.
that is the common default solution because it needs neither script nor plugin - there is an event command to enable and disable formation access, and that can be changed as often as you want during your game.

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Using http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Main_Menu_Core_VisuStella_MZ

Go to Plugin Manager > VisuMZ_1_MainMenuCore > Command Window List > 10 "formation" > JS: Show > Paste this in:
OPTION 1: Switch will allow formation to show as long as Formation Access is enabled.
Code:
return $gameSwitches.value(1, true) ?
this.needsCommand("formation") : false;

OPTION 2: Switch will allow formation to show; Formation Access enable will allow access, while Formation Access disable will grey it out.
Code:
return $gameSwitches.value(1, true);

Change switch to which ever number you want to use.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Code:
return $gameSwitches.value(1, true)
Just for info: this will work, but $gameSwitches.value only expects 1 argument (switch ID), so it can be written as:
JavaScript:
return $gameSwitches.value(1);

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just for info: this will work, but $gameSwitches.value only expects 1 argument (switch ID), so it can be written as:
JavaScript:
return $gameSwitches.value(1);
:aswt: Thank you!

Kumo6752

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
one alternative would be to have the formation menu present but disabled.
that is the common default solution because it needs neither script nor plugin - there is an event command to enable and disable formation access, and that can be changed as often as you want during your game.
Yes, now i remember to try this time ago, but doesn't works with visustella mainmenu plugin.

Using http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Main_Menu_Core_VisuStella_MZ

Go to Plugin Manager > VisuMZ_1_MainMenuCore > Command Window List > 10 "formation" > JS: Show > Paste this in:
OPTION 1: Switch will allow formation to show as long as Formation Access is enabled.
Code:
return $gameSwitches.value(1, true) ?
this.needsCommand("formation") : false;

OPTION 2: Switch will allow formation to show; Formation Access enable will allow access, while Formation Access disable will grey it out.
Code:
return $gameSwitches.value(1, true);

Change switch to which ever number you want to use.
Works perfect, thanks! :kaojoy:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Watched a video of a kid in China leaning against a giant ceramic teletuby statue (valued at nearly $4000 apparently) in a toy store and everyone arguing whether it's the parents or the store's fault. I'm just sitting up wondering why anyone would make a giant ceramic toddler toy in the first place other than to deliberately cause exactly that from happening in the first place though.
Plans for vacation? Maybe I'll go visit
Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu
I_got_lonely.jpg
So I was working with the save system (yes I'm going to at least use RM's save system, I'm not a total monster)... And I realized I was lonely so I brought along some friends to test stuff out. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noithatken