Hide textbox

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by JohnDarcos, Feb 28, 2019.

1. JohnDarcos

JohnDarcos Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello,

Here I'm, asking again. I'm looking for some kind of plugin that will let players hide text box when a message is displayed by ... For example ... Pressing shift. Then unhide it by pressing shift again. Looks like I'm too stupid to find it using google ...

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Maybe you can't find it because it doesn't exist. I don't recall ever seeing one, or seeing a request for one. You may need to get one written.

Shift is used for dashing. If you also want it to be used to hide/unhide a text box, you could end up with some weird effects (press shift to dash, when there's no text box, would set the text box state to hidden, then when text IS displayed, the player can't see it because it's hidden, until they press shift to unhide it).

I'd go with a different key, unless you're disabling dashing in your game.

3. JohnDarcos

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Have you not used a plugin before? You need to copy that code into a text editor, and save it as MessageHide.js in your project's js/plugins folder. Then you can add it through the plugin manager and enter the key you want to use in the parameters. The section under "key" parameter takes values: gives a list of the values it's expecting, so choose one of those.

6. JohnDarcos

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I did, but I used plugins from eynfly and moghunger and they all comes like .js files. I figured out on my own, but thanks for reply :hhappy: