Maronius

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I found a lot of shop plugins but it seems none of them are able to simply hide all items with "price =0" from the sell menu. Does anyone knows a script for that? Or a plugin which can hide specific items in the sell menu via notetags.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would also love a script like this (for MV).

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I Googled "RPG Maker MV hide selling" and came up with this:

It does require you to put notetags on every pertinent item.

My question for you is about the organization of your items: why do you have items that are worthless but you don't want players to be able to get rid of them? If they're needed for the game's story, that's what the key items category is for, and then you can just remove that category from shops.

Maronius

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I Googled "RPG Maker MV hide selling" and came up with this:

It does require you to put notetags on every pertinent item.

My question for you is about the organization of your items: why do you have items that are worthless but you don't want players to be able to get rid of them? If they're needed for the game's story, that's what the key items category is for, and then you can just remove that category from shops.
Thanks! The reason for my need of such plugin is, that my hero has some weapons, which can be upgraded via special events (achievements), so they stay stronger as the games progresses. When the player misses thoses achievements, he can still switch to normal tradeable weapons (which dont have any special effect). And I find it more comfortable in the shop selling menu, when the special weapons aren't visible at all.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then it sounds like you have only a few items this applies to, so that plugin should work perfectly for you. The way your original post was worded, it sounded like you had lots of items that had a cost of 0 that you didn't want to be sold.

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
If you are trying to completely exclude certain items from the sell menu, you can achieve that by modifying the corresponding window in a plugin:

Code:
/*:
* @plugindesc Exclude certain items from the sell menu
* @help Use
*   <exclude from sell>
* in an items notebox to prevent it from showing up in the sell menu.
*/
(function() {

var lastIncludes = Window_ShopSell.prototype.includes;
    if (lastIncludes === Window_ItemList.prototype.includes) {
        lastIncludes = function(item) {
            return Window_ItemList.prototype.includes.call(this, item);
        };
    }
    Window_ShopSell.prototype.includes = function(item) {
        var excludeByTag = (item && item.meta["exclude from sell"]);
        return !excludeByTag && lastIncludes.call(this, item);
    };
})();

(I'm not sure how one would properly alias a function from a superclass in javascript, hence the workaround in line 10-14...)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You look like you had a rough day...Here, have a Baby Panda!

7 years of trying to plan this project... and it got an official plotline today. 7 years. I really just have no concept of order huh GHJGSJHGVGHASFH.
Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

I'm not sure how to do this so I'll just ask here, Wheres a good place to post your game (for free) once its done?
I don't know what I'm doing :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunn-official