Popelus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there!

Specifically, my question concerns summoned actors (in my case, using SRD_SummonCore). They're there only temporarily, and in my game they can't even be controlled by the player, so it feels kind of weird that they show up at the battle status window (I am using YEP_BattleStatusWindow, but this could apply even if I was using the standard hud).

So, is there any way to easily make certain actors not show up in there?

Thank you!

Popelus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Klammsi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey @Popelus did you ever figure this out? I am trying to achieve the same thing but so far couldn't find an answer to it...

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(I am using YEP_BattleStatusWindow, but this could apply even if I was using the standard hud)
I use it too, and yeah, it does apply to the standard HUD. Personally I like that they show there, especially since a few of my summons are actually controllable by the player, but I guess your mileage may vary.

For the standard HUD, I guess what you'd need to do is override
Window_BattleStatus.prototype.maxItems to return only the number of permanent party members. I believe this would work:

JavaScript:
Window_BattleStatus.prototype.maxItems = function() {
    return $gameParty.rawBattleMembers().length;
};
I have no idea whether that'll also work for Yanfly's BattleStatus, but it's worth a try?

Popelus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Solar_Flare Thank you for your reply! In my case, I didn't want summoned actors to show up for coherence reasons, since they didn't show up when I had a full 4 actors party. It just felt weird that they did show up in the early game, when there were only 2 actors in the party. Plus summoned actors were not controllable in my case. Again, thank you!

@Klammsi In the end, I gave the summoned actors a Face image and just let them be there, they stop showing up when you get a full party anyway. Hope Solar Flare's method works!

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Solar_Flare Thank you for your reply! In my case, I didn't want summoned actors to show up for coherence reasons, since they didn't show up when I had a full 4 actors party. It just felt weird that they did show up in the early game, when there were only 2 actors in the party. Plus summoned actors were not controllable in my case. Again, thank you!
By default they actually do get added to the battle status window even with 4 actors in the party - if you look closely at the battle status window, you'll see the arrow indicating there's more to see. There's no way to scroll the battle status window though, so if you can't control them you'll never see them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you realize @Kupotepo is a champion among RM Web users, and it all makes sense now:
Worst nightmare this morning, tried to get 20 minutes of work done on my project before heading to work and got hit with a POWER SURGE. Restarted my computer and the project was CORRUPTED, luckily I made a back up a few days ago so I only lost 4 days of work but still
Ami
what the other name of Elixir?

many games are use that,i want name it different.
What does your project folder look like?
I was told that an iPhone can provide a personal internet hotspot...You learn something new everyday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr