Hiding Battle Command Window

Dragonite

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hello, everyone (Sorry for my bad english).

In battle, there is the command window (where you select Attack, Guard, Skills, whatever), and I was wondering if it is possible to hide it when a animation from is playing. Can you help me?

DarkstarMatryx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes it is possible.

There are a number of battle engines and battle gui's that do what you are asking.

I think Mogs Battle Hud Ex does that, I believe Battle Engine Symphonia makes that window go away. 

There is also the sample of Luna Engine that you can customize the gui in battle. (the last one will also allow menu customization as well. That forum has a link to a few other battle engines as well.)

Dragonite

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Yes it is possible.

There are a number of battle engines and battle gui's that do what you are asking.

I think Mogs Battle Hud Ex does that, I believe Battle Engine Symphonia makes that window go away. 

There is also the sample of Luna Engine that you can customize the gui in battle. (the last one will also allow menu customization as well. That forum has a link to a few other battle engines as well.)
Thanks, but I fear this isn't what I'm looking for. I'm looking for one where this happens:

Attack/Skill selection screen.

When someone attack, the character portraits, HP, MP, TP are hidden.

Is this possible? (The image is just an edit I made)

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
You dont need a script for that,but the method is a little confusing... You should mess around "Scene_Battle"

You must put "@status_window.hide" and "@status_window.show" in the actor ok/cancel and enemy ok/cancel selection.

Excuse me for my bad English and greetings from Argentina.

Dragonite

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
You dont need a script for that,but the method is a little confusing... You should mess around "Scene_Battle"

You must put "@status_window.hide" and "@status_window.show" in the actor ok/cancel and enemy ok/cancel selection.

Excuse me for my bad English and greetings from Argentina.
It worked, thank you! 

Mao_pantsu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to do this same thing and this is what I've got but it's not working. 

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Create Actor Window
def create_actor_window
@actor_window = Window_BattleActor.new(@info_viewport)
@actor_window.set_handler:)ok, method:)on_actor_ok))
@actor_window.set_handler:)cancel, method:)on_actor_cancel))
@status_window.hide
@status_window.show
end
# * Create Enemy Window
def create_enemy_window
@enemy_window = Window_BattleEnemy.new(@info_viewport)
@enemy_window.set_handler:)ok, method:)on_enemy_ok))
@enemy_window.set_handler:)cancel, method:)on_enemy_cancel))
@status_window.hide
@status_window.show
end

Am I putting it in the wrong place?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

*tries to study Emergence of Bangladesh: Ancient Bengal* Matsyanyayam- When the law of punishment is kept in abeyance... okay what? *searches dictionary* oh! Ok. In abeyance, it gives rise to such disorders as is implied in the proverb of fishes i.e the larger fish swallows a small one- wait fishes eat each other!? Is that like... fishy cannibalism!?...Oh! It's 8:30! Time for dinner! *throws book on floor*
Babbaditch Finster and the Seven-Sided Cube has got to be one of my favorite classic games that didn't exist when I was kid, or ever
My tutorial about frankenspriting is now online :3 Any topic you would like to see next?
Stuffing three people in a room and thinking they'll study together is so wrong XD I don't get how people do group studies. We just end up gossiping about everything except studying lol
Been parallax mapping nigh all night. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antelope