Hiding mechanic on RPGM VX Ace?

HelloHinnie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese BR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I want to make a game with a chasing monster,and i kinda alredy did that,but ow i need a mechanic where the player can hide from it,but if he sees you entering the hiding spot,they will find you
ps:I'm using RPGM VX ACE so i can't use plugins

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can do this using two different event pages:
page 1: moves normally. Use it when the player is not being chased.
page 2: chase the player. Activate it using a swtich that you turn on upon entering the room or leaving a hiding spot.

A hiding spot should just turn off the switch and the event stops chasing.

If this is what you want then it is easily done. One more thing: use two events for the hiding spot. one in front of it that turns the switch on, one on its entrance that turns the switch off. This way you don't have to worry about the event reaching the player inside because another event will block it.

EDIT: you can even use a single event with two pages for the hiding spot but then you have to add a move route to move the player inside by 1 step so that the event can be activated again when stepping on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I'm having issues with my steam account... so I can't use MZ right now, so I can't work on my game until its solved, so it be harder to be ready for 31... guess I'll get ice cream :kaopride:
Motivation! Inspiration! There you are. I was worried you guys weren't going to show up today. Let's get this thing going!
Made these new little isles yesterday, to test my new tiles. Guess they're look pretty chill...
Are your bodies ready for spoopy? 0 w0
Made a lot of progression today with my next chapter. It helps that I wrote an outline of what will happen. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cumchild