RMMZ Hiding party window while choosing items/skills.

MichaelRIR

Niakat on Discord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm using a number of Visustella plugins, almost exclusively. In one of their video's, the party window is hidden while the user selects from a list of skills.

In my game, when I select items or skills, the new selection window opens overtop of the party window, causing a garbled mess. I've spent a couple hours trying to figure out where or how to hide the party window when choosing from skills or items, and I'm sure it's going to end up being something easy but.. please help!

The first attached image is what happens when I'm making a selection. Image 2 is from the Visustella video, and the user has their cursor on "magic". Image 3 shows what immediately happens when they select magic. I also just like how much darker their windows are in general than mine. Too see through for my liking.

If this isn't a plugin thing, then sorry about posting in the wrong spot. Still learning the forums and the engine.

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    208.7 KB · Views: 4
  • example 2.PNG
    example 2.PNG
    1,020.2 KB · Views: 4
  • example 3.PNG
    example 3.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

MichaelRIR

Niakat on Discord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Figured it out. This is achieved by turning on Masking under the Core plugin, Window Settings, Enable Masking.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Chilling out while toodling around someone's painstaking Minecraft recreation of Disneyland. It is mind-boggling and probably as close as I'll ever be to going.
>Testing with fonts change.
>Tries installing a plugin. Doesn't work.
>Tries changing the plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Tries installing another plugin. Doesn't work.
>Changes a few more plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Goes directly to the gamefont file and changes the src. Works.

YYEEEAAAAHHHAAAA

Perseverance is key, bois and girls.
What Reviews say on RPG Maker MZ?
Looking back at some sketches, and game design documents on my PC dated summer of 2015. I started development with the release of MZ, but in 2015, I felt a strong desire to make a game out of the blue. I remember feeling sad for no apparent reason, and all these ideas rushed into my head. Now that I think about it, since that day, everything has become easier to do on my PC . . . it’s very creepy.
Everything's going to be alright! We're all in this together. <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soicaukubetim