KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there, this is probably something really simple but does anyone know how to hide party members who are not part of the active party?

I'm trying to replicate something similar to Pokemon using Yanflys Party System plugin as the "PC." And using that as a plugin command works exactly how I want it. However the only issue with that, is if you have a lot of recruited actors, every single one of them is available to view in the main menu. Which would be fine if the end goal wasn't to collect a butt load of actors, lol.

Is this something I'd have to edit in one of the systems script lines? OR are their any plugins that deal with this(I haven't found one yet).

Not sure If that was super clear, but basically I just want to get rid of the option to view more than the four active party members and the arrow at the bottom of the main menu.hmmm.png

KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know about the arrow, but I do know a plugin that will let you remove any commands on the main menu.

http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/17/yep-14-main-menu-manager/

Use that and you should be able to remove the formation command and keep players from accessing it in the main menu.
I appreciate the reply for sure! But I actually already  have that plugin and formation is not an option in the menu(hence the screenshot). 

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You didn't state whether it was the snippet in the thread, or the script that was linked to, that solved the problem.  Since following the link may have just given me a virus, and I'm not going to try any further to get that script, I'll give you the MV equivalent of the snippet instead.

in rpg_window.js head to line 1714 (MV 1.3.1) where you'll see this:

Window_MenuStatus.prototype.maxItems = function() {
return $gameParty.size();
};

replace it with this:

return $gameParty.maxBattleMembers();
};

Note, this is not a plugin, but a change to the core scripts.  If you ever update your game when a newer version comes out, you'll need to remember this and redo the change.  I haven't tested it, but I suspect you could also just copy and paste that code into a new .js file in the js/plugins folder, and use it as a plugin.  It should override the default scripts and remove the need for you to remember to re-make the change with updates.

I'm not familiar with the system you're trying to replicate, but if you remove the extra members from the main menu, how are you going to let the player change their formation?

Last edited by a moderator:

Waterguy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Note, this is not a plugin, but a change to the core scripts.  If you ever update your game when a newer version comes out, you'll need to remember this and redo the change.  I haven't tested it, but I suspect you could also just copy and paste that code into a new .js file in the js/plugins folder, and use it as a plugin.  It should override the default scripts and remove the need for you to remember to re-make the change with updates.
He can. It is what I do with small changes like that in my own game.

I'm not familiar with the system you're trying to replicate, but if you remove the extra members from the main menu, how are you going to let the player change their formation?
It does sound a bit confusing, but I think I got it.

Basically he will use the formation just for the main party, and for changing party members he will call Yanfly's menu through a plugin call.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not familiar with Yanfly's plugins.  Would the change above make Yanfly's menu not work properly?

Waterguy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, on second look, he removed the option to change formation.

I don't think it should change anything. I don't think Yanfly got any script to deal with that part of the main menu, actually.

KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the help guys! Plugging

return $gameParty.maxBattleMembers();
};

into it's own plugin file, pretty much creates the result I'm looking for! And yes, I can access yanfly's party menu, without that messing anything up.

It pretty much creates the illusion of the main party being separate from the entire group of actors, the player has collected. As well as a specific location/event to swap said main party and reserve around. 

Feel free to close the topic!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In case a mod doesn't happen by, you should report your first post and ask for the thread to be closed.  That's the preferred method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Would you pay monthly for your pc if you'd get "free" upgrades every 2 years?
well, I definitely have a type, cute redheads with medusa piercings, met and hit it off with two of them in the last 72 hours, what does it mean lol?
Damian Floyd increased the grand prize for the Driftwood Jam to a $75 steam GC!!! Thank you Damion! :)
Is everybody using their imagination?
5th Annual Driftwood Jam! $25 Steam gift card grand prize :D https://itch.io/jam/5adj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrzo