Hiding stats and the like that we don't use

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by cutegoblingirl, Dec 3, 2015.

1. cutegoblingirl

cutegoblingirl Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello, all! Hoping you can help me with a problem.

My current project doesn't use experience levels, at all. You gain abilities with Job Points and stat-ups from items. I'm also not using MP or TP. It's a little confusing that I can't get these items to go away, so they're still visible on the status screen and main menu.

Is there a way I can strip these items (Level, EXP, MP, TP) out of the game entirely, so they're never displayed to the player at all?

(I'm relatively new, so if there's a way I can do this by adding/configuring/manually creating a plugin, that's way better than editing something that's already there.)

Here's what I currently have installed: YEP_CoreEngine, YEP_MainMenuManager, YEP_MessageCore, YEP_BattleEngineCore, YEP_VictoryAftermath, YEP_JobPoints, YEP_SkillLearnSystem, YEP_EquipCore, YEP_RegionRestrictions, GamepadConfig, KeyboardConfig. (I'll also be adding YEP_CTBSystem when it's completed.)

Thanks in advance!

2. Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon Inc. Crimson Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    unfortunately that sounds like something that will require a plug in being made, and a complicated plug in from the sounds of it but i'm  new to the plug in development game so i could be wrong on that

maybe a plug in that allows you to add new stats and remove others would work better for you, and you have a better chance of getting this made (due to most scripters i know liking to make scripts that the whole community can enjoy)

3. cutegoblingirl

cutegoblingirl Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Well, I have seen a couple other requests for "how can I hide stat X" on the forum. A universal stat-hiding script is probably something that would see some use.