RenegadeForce

Game Developer and Artist
Reaction score
First Language
n/a
Primarily Uses
Hey everybody!

I was wondering if there are any SIMPLE scripts out there that could make my battles animated...

I have been looking around and I only found complicated scripts :( also I need the script to use the battle sheets from High fantasy and also use some of the poses...Is it possible? Please help!

THANK YOU

HAROON HEYLEN

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The animated battler sheet from the HF packs are using the same format as Holder.

PVGames wrote somewhere that his demo videos were made with Symphony and the Holder-addon to symphony.

I know that there are a few other scripts that use Holder's format, you might search for that to find alternatives.

That said, depending on what you call simple you will probably have no success, because each of the battlescripts needs some additional complexity to handle animations.

If you do not wish for specific effects, I believe Battle Engine Symphony is one of the easiest out there - because it has defaults to anything, you basically only need to put in the scripts and then give the correct notetags to all enemies to have them use the correct battlersheets.

However, Symphony can become very complex if you try to modify it's action sequences - since everything is configurable there, it can become quite a task to configure everything if you do not want it's default.

However, all alternatives might reduce the possible script complexity only by removing additional options (thatyou don't need to change in symphony) - but they can't get below that minimum of setting up the scripts and giving each enemy it's own notetag data to determine the animation. That is because the animation can't be loaded into the enemy by default.

If you have a problem with a specific script for animated battlers, then post a link to it and give the specific error or problem you have after trying to configure the animations.

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just wanna let you know that the Holder Add-on for symphony is only for Actor battlers, not enemy battlers. Symphony does not support animated enemies besides charset.

No animated battler script is considered "simple" but some might be easy to implement since the user just has to define via notetag or something what battlers use what spritesheet, and usually specify the actor-positions. Try using Galv's version of Holder Battlers.

Nosleinad

Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Just wanna let you know that the Holder Add-on for symphony is only for Actor battlers, not enemy battlers. Symphony does not support animated enemies besides charset.

No animated battler script is considered "simple" but some might be easy to implement since the user just has to define via notetag or something what battlers use what spritesheet, and usually specify the actor-positions. Try using Galv's version of Holder Battlers.
Actually, symphony does support holder spritesheets to be set on enemy battlers and actors as well. If you check the videos of PV Games, both sides of the battle are made of holder spritesheets.

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually, symphony does support holder spritesheets to be set on enemy battlers and actors as well. If you check the videos of PV Games, both sides of the battle are made of holder spritesheets.
That might have been a custom job. I myself managed to make Symphony compatible with one of the various Holders scripts just for the sake of animated enemies. It took days of trial/error just to make the compatibility since I had to edit variables that they both shared, and update/refreshes from overwrites that they both overwritten. The symphony add-on for Holders does not do anything for running/processing  holder spritesheets except for editing like two poses. If you compare it's contents to an original Holders-script, it's nowhere near the full thing. And the original symphony engine does not do anything of the sort either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nosleinad

Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
That might have been a custom job. I myself managed to make Symphony compatible with one of the various Holders scripts just for the sake of animated enemies. It took days of trial/error just to make the compatibility since I had to edit variables that they both shared, and update/refreshes from overwrites that they both overwritten. The symphony add-on for Holders does not do anything for running/processing  holder spritesheets except for editing like two poses. If you compare it's contents to an original Holders-script, it's nowhere near the full thing. And the original symphony engine does not do anything of the sort either.
Now i am really confused kerbonklin, i myself use symphony and its holder add-on, and both actors and enemies are fully animated, and uses all the poses of the 14 rows of the spritesheet without no custom coding. I just set the same notetag over actors and enemies, and when i put on enemies they are automatically mirrored and works perfectly.

I do not want to extend off topic, but this reply of mine is just to guarantee my personal experience with symphony,

Aspetra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I also have done the same as above. I animated both my actors and enemies without extra codeing, just the tags.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
 If you compare it's contents to an original Holders-script, it's nowhere near the full thing. And the original symphony engine does not do anything of the sort either.
of course it is, that's why it's just an add-on... most of the things that it uses are already in symphony (might be hard to notice but it does), it simply allows symphony to read the holder style battlers...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SA51K_SHADER_IDLE.gifZombie is not the only thing people turned into in this town. There is also something else here. Something has many different names in history, the plague, the black oil, the purity, the filth. And now, it's called the shade.
(Maybe too much X-File reference. :kaojoy:)
Thanks, google for putting together a random pixel art Olympics game in your logo that puts everything I've ever done to shame in pretty much every aspect. ;)
Chizuru
chizuru.png

anyway, i just recovered from Covid.
Work's been delayed for a month but now i'm back drawing again.
Ah yes i learned how to make name boxes Im now profeshonal
The snowy mountains in my game are finally done... what a crazy journey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ohzaru