Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzuzzu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
Can this be done? I wanted to resize a pic to make it a tileset but it became a bunch of pixles. Is there any way I can resize it and keep the aspect of the picture?

Euphoria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I really doubt it. I'm using photoshop and as far as I know not even photoshop can stop the pixellation and horrible mess up caused by a huge change in size.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you're talking about lowering the size of the image to fit a tile, it could be possible but there comes a point where you've reduced the image to the point where there's just not enough information to convey meaning you're trying to fit into that small space.  If you're talking about increasing the size of an image, can't be done, the information just isn't there.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can this be done? I wanted to resize a pic to make it a tileset but it became a bunch of pixles. Is there any way I can resize it and keep the aspect of the picture?
That's ... kind of the point. When you make something smaller, the program removes pixels, so that only a handful of other pixels stay put.

I really wouldn't recommend resizing pictures to 'make a tileset' anyway. They won't be tile-able (seamless). If you want to make a tileset, then draw it.

Pazzuzzu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
That's ... kind of the point. When you make something smaller, the program removes pixels, so that only a handful of other pixels stay put.

I really wouldn't recommend resizing pictures to 'make a tileset' anyway. They won't be tile-able (seamless). If you want to make a tileset, then draw it.
I want to make a bunch of cocacola cans inside a shop but even if I could draw them they would have to be bigger than the player for the logo to be more or less legible lol. Like I don't mind if its not 100% legible but at least that can be noticed that is a coca cola can but I don't have the skill to make small stuff like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just make a red can and forget the logo.  You don't want to be messing with trademarked stuff anyway.

Pazzuzzu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
Just make a red can and forget the logo.  You don't want to be messing with trademarked stuff anyway.
Nah that the whole point of it it has to be recognizable that is cocacola. But as long as you dont show the full logo you can use the font and even put the whole thing like in movies just hide one letter and they cant do nothing. Anyway Im not gonna sell the game and I doubt it will ever get famous enough for cocacola to notice lol.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a single tile has only 32x32 pixels - nothing can change that.

A can has usually double the height compared to the width, so even at maximum size and with a bit of trickery you can't make the can larger than 32x20. If the can is not from the side, but from a partly above perspective, you'll need to substract something for the top - and you need a border for it anyway.

If you substract that the "red area" has a maximum pixel size of about 24x18 pixels.

There is absolutely no way you can get anything recognizable as a logo into that size, especially as the Coca-Cola-Logo would only cover about half the area and the rest remains red...

RobinBawss

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Apologies for reopening the thread, but what if one were to be interested in it because of MV3D? I'm sure a lot of MV3D projects don't have such limitations, or at least not as strict, and a higher resolution tileset could even look better. I was looking for some for that purpose, I see that this isn't a thing. I'll try make my own and let you know if it's worth it.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@RobinBawss, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I think what you are after is different to what the OP was trying to achieve anyway, so just go ahead and start your own thread if you want discussion/suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just did some math and... apparently what seemed to be a little fun gimmick turned out to be an 80+ actors project :kaoswt2:
Yay! the original character contest 3 pack is here!
Both MV and MZ looks very good, congratulation for both RMW and Tkool participant!
I definitely can add these characters to use for my game project.

Steam link
The worst part of game development has to be marketing. Ugh...
May be starting a new job in a month or so. The thought is both exciting and terrifying.
Not like a rollercoaster though. Rollercoasters are just terrifying.
"Merchants don't sell you a product. They sell you something RIGHT NOW. That's all they're selling, the product of having what you want RIGHT NOW and not having to wait for it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LagartixaMan