Highlighting Selections?

Discussion in 'Visual Novel Maker Support' started by ScarletTaavi, Oct 8, 2019.

1. ScarletTaavi

ScarletTaavi Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Hey so I've been digging for a few hours at this point and I simply cannot find what I'm trying to do.

It's pretty simple but I just can't wrap my head around it, I basically just want to put a border around something when you mouse over it so you're aware that you can click on it! My EXACT issue right now is I have a background image with a door on it, and I have the border that I want to use for everything you can click on. When I try a hotspot with the hover image set to the border i can't resize the image, would i need to use an image map?

I'm really frustrated right now and if this doesn't make sense i'm sorry!! Any help at all would be amazing.

2. Kentou

Kentou Admin Veteran

3. ScarletTaavi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    That's actually what I'm trying to avoid doing if I can, since i'll have to have two backgrounds for every scene, one with the highlights and one without. I'm not opposed to doing it that way if it is the only way, just seems really inefficient

4. Kentou

Kentou Admin Veteran

Hmm there would be other ways to do it using Add Hotspot command but I wonder why you want to make things more complicated? Is it an issue for you to have two backgrounds? Wouldn't that be even easier than dealing with a bunch of single images?

5. ScarletTaavi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    The idea i was trying to go with would be one additional image. It's just a little blue box that i wanted to use to surround everything you would click on. Though from what i can tell there really isn't a way to stretch the image in VNM to have it fit the hotspot. I've already decided to go ahead with just manually stretching them over each background, seems like the easiest thing to do at this point.