BrokenEffect

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Where is the line of code that creates a highlight around the option that you are currently hovering over?

I'm using VX Ace.

This is what i mean:

4261a2cbf48605d1abdf507682b81b4c.png

As you can see, the top option is selected therefor there is a highlight around it. This is pretty universal in like every menu.

Where is the line(s) of code that causes this? I want to change some settings for the dimensions, opacity flashing, etc.

I tried searching for keywords and couldn't find where it was located, help me out!

Thanks!

Edit: Perhaps I shouldn't have made this it's own thread, sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is no line of code.  The highlight comes from the windowskin.  The help file shows you what the windowskin looks like and highlights which parts are for what purpose.

[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)]As you can see, the top option is selected therefor there is a highlight around it.[/COLOR]

Can't see that at all - there is no highlight around any of those options.

BrokenEffect

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

I know, it's just really dim

Here's a gif:

47d8f4a3e46ffe9160036e4f1cc58eed.gif

The highlight comes from the windowskin.

I realize this, however as you can see from the GIF above, it flashes because it is changing opacity. What causes this?

The reason i'm asking is because I want to change it to more of a "Blink". Right now it smoothly increases and decreases how transparent it is, and I want to change it so it just flashes between bright and dim.

Alistair

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Actually, there is. It's really hard to see, though. Dragging the picture into a new tab in my browser made it kinda easier to see.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh yeah, I see it now.

My answer is still the same though.  It's in the windowskin, and we don't have access to the code to manipulate how that's displayed.  So you are limited to what you can do with the windowskin, setting the image and transparency.  It could be flexible enough for you, but you'll have to experiment.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is it necroposting if I ask for more info in my own months old thread? All the information in the thread is relevant
JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:
So I'm resuming work on the Shadowstar Trilogy. I've decided that it will take place between the end of G4 and the start of G5, and two of the Lost Rulers will be Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer (who is the moon princess in my AU).
Been working on some sprites, My favorite out of all of them is this guy, his name is Moss:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emileewitt