MrKiwi

No Flying Bird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I hope someone has a solution, or an alternative. Okay so I'm trying to display a certain skill type under specific condiftions using the himeworks actor battle commands plugin;

For this example made in a new project, I'd like to display the skill type 2 (Special) whenever the actor has more than 1 HP: I just noticed that in the picture the notetag says type_skill instead of skill_type, my error. But switching that still doesn't fix it.
help1.PNG

And when I try to run a battle, or the game itself, I get this screen:
help2.PNG

Someone knows whats wrong so far? :/

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My first suggestion is probably that Hime's plugin doesn't have "a" defined like in the damage formula. Typically I see plugins using things like "user"/"battler"/"actor"/"subject" instead. It might be useful if you could provide a link to the plugin so we can see the plugin help and code if necessary.

MrKiwi

No Flying Bird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Silva the "a" target works, the only thing that doesn't works is the "skill_type", if I change it to "item", for example, works perfectly and also with conditons.

The plugin can be found here: http://himeworks.com/2015/12/actor-battle-commands/
However, the advanced usage only appears in the manager plugin info and not in the page.

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, I didn't notice your last spoiler or I'd have known that, my bad. Have you tried doing something like this:

Code:
//start of notetag
symbol: "skill_type",
ext: "2",
//rest of notetag
Not sure if the ext will require the quotation marks.

MrKiwi

No Flying Bird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes! It worked, thank you so much, can't believe it was that simple, although, the plugin instructions are very messed up then... little details I guess... Everything is fine now :kaojoy:

OldManHan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Huge necro, but I have an issue regarding this plugin, and since you were able to get anything to work, I'm sure you can quickly provide an answer.

Uhm.. Where do I put the actual script? I tried using it in the battle event. I'm trying to use hide_actor_command(1, "attack") , in order to hide the attack function. Apologies for the necro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I'm so excited! I've been exploring MZ a little, and I just downloaded Effekseer to make new animations. I have experience in 3D animation software, so I'll be pretty good at the whole "particle" thing. My first game on MZ will be Fantasy Force--starring a griffin, a dragon, and a pegasus fighting against the Dragon of Darkness.
currently listening to Driftwood Gaming streaming some MZ dev time and it's delightful! had no idea they were this entertaining, love it
In quarantine, will be tested soon. This year is really something... special.
I was at another orientation yesterday and I realized I'll be working with an old friend! We met at the local water park a few years back and it was so nice to see her again! We had a chat, and next week when I officially start, I'll see if maybe we can trade our Zoom IDs so we can talk!
I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmc1980