HIME ChoiceDisplayMode cannot read property ‘y’ of null (Rpg Maker MV 1.6.2)

Emanzi

Ekamu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
The plugin HIME ChoiceDisplayMode gives me an error saying “cannot read property ‘y’ of null”. I disabled Yanflys MessageCore and tried shifting the plugins position but nothing works.

Here is a console log.
TypeError: Cannot read property 'y' of null

at Window_ChoiceList.numVisibleRows (HIME_HMSChoiceDisplayMode.js:195)

at Window_ChoiceList.Window_Command.windowHeight (rpg_windows.js:1315)

at Window_ChoiceList.updatePlacement (rpg_windows.js:3850)

at Window_ChoiceList.updatePlacement (HIME_HMSChoiceDisplayMode.js:155)

at Window_ChoiceList.start (rpg_windows.js:3834)

at Window_ChoiceList.start (HIME_HMSChoiceDisplayMode.js:146)

at Window_Message.startInput (rpg_windows.js:4441)

at Window_Message.update (rpg_windows.js:4313)

at rpg_core.js:7035

at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)

Here is a screenshot of my plugins.
68FA792B-476F-42F3-BAD4-6E1ACCEFC6D6.png

Elliott404

NotRookieGamedev. NotAdvancedEither.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) You need to place Yanfly's plugins accordingly: place the message core under core engine.

2) Hime's plugins aren't up-to-date for todays MV version, so you have to ask a scripter to update it for you, and create an addon that'll work with Yanfly's message core.

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, I'm using the same Choice Display plug-in with Yanfly's plug-ins with MV 1.6.2 (though I don't use VE's plug-ins) but have not encountered this error. I've modified the code a bit to suit my needs though, so I don't remember if I initially had this problem too. Does the error occur when you interact with an event, or right from the beginning of the playtest? If the former, can you show a screenshot of your event?

Emanzi

Ekamu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
1) You need to place Yanfly's plugins accordingly: place the message core under core engine.

2) Hime's plugins aren't up-to-date for todays MV version, so you have to ask a scripter to update it for you, and create an addon that'll work with Yanfly's message core.
I re-arranged the plugins but it still doesn't work out so I posted at Hime's site and linked to this thread, lets hope he/she will read it.

Hmm, I'm using the same Choice Display plug-in with Yanfly's plug-ins with MV 1.6.2 (though I don't use VE's plug-ins) but have not encountered this error. I've modified the code a bit to suit my needs though, so I don't remember if I initially had this problem too. Does the error occur when you interact with an event, or right from the beginning of the playtest? If the former, can you show a screenshot of your event?
It shows the error message during an event when the choice is supposed to be displayed. Right when Show Choices is supposed to run.

Character Selection Event.PNG

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a feeling that if you disable ALL the other plugins except the Choice Mode plugin, save, and play, that you're still going to get the error.

It is occurring on the second line here:
Code:
      var textState = this._messageWindow._textState;
      var y = textState.y;
which means it could not get _textState from this._messageWindow.

Looking at your event, you have a few commands between the Show Text and the Show Choices commands. By the time it gets to the choices, your message window is already closed. It looks like you have told it to EMBED the choices within the message window, but there isn't one to embed them into.

Try getting rid of the label and the erase picture, just temporarily, to see if it works when the commands are one right after the other. If it does, you'll need to rethink the structure of your event so you can keep them together.

Emanzi

Ekamu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
@Shaz Your right, it works without the erase picture and label in between.

HIMEworks.PNG

I'm thinking of using Galvs Visual Novel Choices instead of reworking the event.

GalvsVNC.PNG

Thank You.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm having such a hard time thinking of an interesting battle system. and not being a coder, certain things I wanna do seem a lot harder lol.
Created a character outline with some code. I have no use for this. I'm....bored.....
Having lots of fun using different PS brushes to add a lil' texture to the floors and walls in my maps.
Setup a system to cull enemies that are too far from the player to matter, and to spawn new ones just outside of view. Take that lag! :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harmlessgamedev