Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using himes party manager. I'm trying to create a large battle with multiple parties. The enemy event's are moving in real time and when my party under my control comes in contact with an enemy event a battle ensues. The problem comes when my idle parties, which are also events I guess, come in contact with the enemy events. They just block the enemy event's. I can't figure out how I would start a battle between the two when they come in contact. Any ideas???

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can you show a screenshot of the event setup?
to see how you set it up and provide a better answer, so you dont have mix answers?

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can you show a screenshot of the event setup?
to see how you set it up and provide a better answer, so you dont have mix answers?
the party that I control is outside of the clusterf###. My other three parties are in the mix and are not engaging the enemy events unless I switch to them. What I'm trying to achieve is something akin to Final Fantasy VI's real-time battles with multiple parties advancing towards you and you had to fight them off. I don't want the other parties there just for blocking the enemy events.

Attachments

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found similar topic here that was a question about checking if two events touch, but the answer involved using several plugins.

The only thing I can think of is using a parallel process to check your event locations, then use conditional branches to engage the battle scene and whatever else you want done when those events are touching.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found similar topic here that was a question about checking if two events touch, but the answer involved using several plugins.

The only thing I can think of is using a parallel process to check your event locations, then use conditional branches to engage the battle scene and whatever else you want done when those events are touching.
Yeah but wouldn't this cause alot of lag?

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One or two parallel processes shouldn’t cause any lag. I’ve had 6 going, that played animations on the map, and I didn’t have any issues.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah but wouldn't this cause alot of lag?
it depends on how the parallel process is written.
a single parallel process written in a bad way can lag the fastest computer to hell.
but if written correctly, then even twenty parallel processes should be handable on even older computers.

One of the keys to this is to have the correct amount of waitframes - each wait let's the paralel process skip one processing loop, thereby reducing lag. But too many waits and the engine will not react in time.
So it's a bit tricky to find the correct numbers.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This part of my game seemed very difficult for me to understand so I went and I did other work but now I'm back to it again because I can no longer progress without doing this part. I tried reading some of the links that you gave me and I feel like it goes way above my head.
Okay, how do I set up a parallel process that checks my event locations this is my 1st question. 2nd question is since I'm using Hime party manager and I don't have the event IDs for the different parties. The readme of Hime party manager says,
--- Obtaining Idle Party Event Reference ---

If for some reason you want to have a reference to the event that represents

an idle party, you can use query the map:

$gameMap.idlePartyEvent(PARTY_ID)

Which will return a reference to a Game_PartyEvent object, which is basically
a Game_Event except with some special idle party logic.

What do I do with that because I'm completely lost? Isn't 38 years old too old to start trying to make a videogame. I shouldn't of went to school for English.

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have no idea where in that object the event ID is. And I'm not really interested in setting that all up to test at the moment. But here is how I determine interaction between events these days... Well the simplified version...

JavaScript:
Math.round($gameMap.distance($gameMap.event(sEvent).x, $gameMap.event(sEvent).y, $gameMap.event(tEvent).x, $gameMap.event(tEvent).y)) <= distance;
Place that in a conditional statement, replace sEvent and tEvent with the events in question, and distance with how far you want to check for.

Personally I have my events run a similar check once a step.
Honestly I should really just clean up my tools plugin so people can have the full gambit of interactions. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow or something.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have no idea where in that object the event ID is. And I'm not really interested in setting that all up to test at the moment. But here is how I determine interaction between events these days... Well the simplified version...

Place that in a conditional statement, replace sEvent and tEvent with the events in question, and distance with how far you want to check for.

Personally I have my events run a similar check once a step.
Honestly I should really just clean up my tools plugin so people can have the full gambit of interactions. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow or something.
So I have an enemy event and a party event. Would I put the conditional statement in a parallel event set on the map Would it look something like this.

Code:
Math.round($gameMap.distance($gameMap.event(23).x, $gameMap.event(23).y, $gameMap.event(tEvent).x, $gameMap.event(tEvent).y)) <= 1;
The ID of the enemy event is 23. I still can't figure out what to do for T event. Do you have any idea how I could "query the map?"

$gameMap.idlePartyEvent(PARTY_ID)

Last edited:

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Code:
if ($gameMap._events[Y].x === $gameMap._events[X].x -1 && $gameMap._events[Y].y === $gameMap._events[X].y) { 
$gameSelfSwitches.setValue([Z,Y,"A"], true); } 
if ($gameMap._events[Y].x === $gameMap._events[X].x +1 && $gameMap._events[Y].y === $gameMap._events[X].y) { 
if ($gameMap._events[Y].x === $gameMap._events[X].x && $gameMap._events[Y].y - 1 === $gameMap._events[X].y) {
if ($gameMap._events[Y].x === $gameMap._events[X].x && $gameMap._events[Y].y + 1 === $gameMap._events[X].y) { 
Y is the monster event that is moving toward the 'alternate party' event
X is the 'alternate party' event
"A" is the self switch (this event page would handle the battle processing I assume)
Z is the map ID

I think you would want to make the monster event the parallel process, so that when the self switch A is triggered, you can dispose of the parallel event once it has served its purpose with another self switch.

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try this....
Code:
Math.round($gameMap.distance($gameMap.event(this._eventId).x, $gameMap.event(this._eventId).y, $gameMap.event($gameMap.idlePartyEvent(PARTY_ID)).x, $gameMap.event($gameMap.idlePartyEvent(PARTY_ID))) <= 1;
There's not really a reason to "query the map", your event knows it's own event ID, so have it run the command and just using "this._eventId" as the event and try $gameMap.idlePartyEvent(PARTY_ID) as the event Id of the target.

If you absolutely want to just run it as a parallel event replace this._eventId with your mob's event Id. Not really a fan of that method, but I only ever spawn in events so I never know the event Id in advance.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try this....
Code:
Math.round($gameMap.distance($gameMap.event(this._eventId).x, $gameMap.event(this._eventId).y, $gameMap.event($gameMap.idlePartyEvent(PARTY_ID)).x, $gameMap.event($gameMap.idlePartyEvent(PARTY_ID))) <= 1;
There's not really a reason to "query the map", your event knows it's own event ID, so have it run the command and just using "this._eventId" as the event and try $gameMap.idlePartyEvent(PARTY_ID) as the event Id of the target.

If you absolutely want to just run it as a parallel event replace this._eventId with your mob's event Id. Not really a fan of that method, but I only ever spawn in events so I never know the event Id in advance.
I wanted you to know that Yanfly hates you. j/k. Almost all his plugins hate this syntax. I took a screen shot.

Attachments

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Everything in that message is upset with the ; at the end of the code. Delete it and try again. I really have no idea how your setup is, and couldn't really help without seeing a full plugin list, and the full events in question. The code in question shouldn't conflict with anything. However the $gameMap.idlePartyEvent(PARTY_ID) is an unknown object to me, are you certain it's yielding just the party event Id? Also try disable Yanfly's Item Core since that's the plugin complaining in the screenshot.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Code:
if ($gameMap._events[Y].x === $gameMap._events[X].x -1 && $gameMap._events[Y].y === $gameMap._events[X].y) {
if ($gameMap._events[Y].x === $gameMap._events[X].x +1 && $gameMap._events[Y].y === $gameMap._events[X].y) {
if ($gameMap._events[Y].x === $gameMap._events[X].x && $gameMap._events[Y].y - 1 === $gameMap._events[X].y) {
if ($gameMap._events[Y].x === $gameMap._events[X].x && $gameMap._events[Y].y + 1 === $gameMap._events[X].y) {
Y is the monster event that is moving toward the 'alternate party' event
X is the 'alternate party' event
"A" is the self switch (this event page would handle the battle processing I assume)
Z is the map ID

I think you would want to make the monster event the parallel process, so that when the self switch A is triggered, you can dispose of the parallel event once it has served its purpose with another self switch.
This is too long to put in a conditional branch script. Should copy it to a js file and save it as a plugin.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Everything in that message is upset with the ; at the end of the code. Delete it and try again. I really have no idea how your setup is, and couldn't really help without seeing a full plugin list, and the full events in question. The code in question shouldn't conflict with anything. However the $gameMap.idlePartyEvent(PARTY_ID) is an unknown object to me, are you certain it's yielding just the party event Id? Also try disable Yanfly's Item Core since that's the plugin complaining in the screenshot.
Should I commission someone to fix this for me. Is there somewhere I can go for that?

Attachments

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Apparently I left out a ) on the end.
JavaScript:
Math.round($gameMap.distance($gameMap.event(this._eventId).x, $gameMap.event(this._eventId).y, $gameMap.event($gameMap.idlePartyEvent(PARTY_ID)).x, $gameMap.event($gameMap.idlePartyEvent(PARTY_ID))) <= 1)
Also if you want to pay someone to fix this for you, there is a Classifieds board. The requests portion of that is where you can place job offers. If you want help here, you'll want to also post a screenshot of the event. Assuming the missing ) doesn't fix it.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can just see my project. I think you be much faster than having to keep posting screenshots. It's not a commercial game and it's free to play on RPG maker.net. https://rpgmaker.net/games/11360/

FYI I'm using enemy event 23 as a test parallel event and I'm using idle party 2 as a test idle party. All you have to do is start a new game and it will bring you exactly where you want to be.

Last edited:

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah as I suspected $gameMap.idlePartyEvent(#) doesn't give the event ID but the entire object.
object.jpg

$gameMap.idlePartyEvent(#)._eventId is how you get the event ID for the other parties.

So for party 2 it would be....
JavaScript:
Math.round($gameMap.distance($gameMap.event(this._eventId).x, $gameMap.event(this._eventId).y, $gameMap.event($gameMap.idlePartyEvent(2)._eventId).x, $gameMap.event($gameMap.idlePartyEvent(2)._eventId).y) <= 1)
There is a problem here though. Any party the player is in control of no longer counts as an event but instead the player object. So if the player controls party 2, then this code would error as party no longer exists. So to get around that, you need to encase it in a conditional to check if the $gameMap.idlePartyEvent(#) is undefined.... Else you'll get an error every frame.

monster16.jpg

Finally, because the player object is a potential thing the enemy can encounter, you'll need a conditional statement just for that....
JavaScript:
Math.round($gameMap.distance($gameMap.event(this._eventId).x, $gameMap.event(this._eventId).y,
$gamePlayer.x, $gamePlayer.y) <= 1)
in a conditional will work. You don't have to worry about this one being undefined as the player is always somewhere on the map.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So are you able to get 1 of my idle parties to engage in battle because I'm copying the work that you shown me and they're still not doing it. If you could please kindly upload my game so I can download it to showcase your work. Then I'll just copy whatever work you did on one of my events for the other events. Thanks so much.

Its ok I got it I was miscopying the undefined statement wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

lunarrosecrow wrote on hiddenone's profile.
please don't lurk hiddenone I'm quarantining!!!
lunarrosecrow wrote on Edward.T's profile.
Hello Edward sorry to bother you and didn't start a conversation cause I thought i'd be a little weird or disrespectful but I was wondering do you still have your Generator resources you posted as the links on the page are dead?
Stream will be live shortly! It is my birthday, and thus I am doing an extended stream! I will be doing a variety of things. Among the activities I will be doing: Playing Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas, art, and some Text Adventure~ Feel free to drop by!
It would be cool if you could "copy as code" event commands :< .
Just managed to recover my Yahoo e-mail that i lost 3 months ago. Turns out an IP from U.S had hacked it and set the pass back to normal.. Like WTF ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannyBee21