Hime pre-title events repeats

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Drac00nbeam, Feb 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Drac00nbeam

Drac00nbeam That will do...for now. Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm using Hime's pre-title events plugin only to setup the custom title screen on another map, NOT the splashscreen, because i'm using Galv's animated splash screen plugin to have better control over skipping.
    My title screen has no parallax as the title screen background but instead consists mostly of pictures.
    I created an opening scene within the title screen that kinda transitions to the menu. In my case it would be to the press any button event.

In this video, starting from 1:03 to 1:25.

The issue i'm having is, that whenever i open either the load or option tab and want to go back to the title menu, it sends me back to the transition at the beginning and repeats again until i arrive at the press any button event and the menu.
    Besides these 2 tabs, i have the new game and exit tab, which work just fine, since they don't push scenes.

Screenshots:
    transition_page1.png transition_page2.png transition_page3.png
    pressanybutton_page.png
    optionbutton_page1.png optionbutton_page2.png
    loadbutton_page1.png loadbutton_page2.png

I would greatly appreciate anyone's help.

Attached Files:

2. Poryg

Poryg Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Simply turn a switch on and then create a new, shortened page with the switch as a condition.

3. Drac00nbeam

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for the fast reply; could you tell me how i can set this up.

4. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not going to teach you how to setup the event, since switches manipulation are the basics of RPG maker. RMMV has a built-in tutorial where it explains the basics. In order to access it, use Help -> Tutorial in the app.

5. Drac00nbeam

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, i know how to setup the switches, but i'm not sure, on which page i should place the switch... Do you mean the transition page or the load/options page?

6. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The easiest way to show you is by images.
    Screenshot_495.png
    In the first image I have my menu. It is one event page, but no matter what your menu is, the principle is the same. It turns on a switch.

Screenshot_496.png
    Then I copied the entire menu on the second page, with two changes.
    1. I deleted the animation (splash screens and whatever).
    2. I added extra condition - the switch.

This way when I return from the load menu etc., even if I go to title (careful, you have to turn the switch on after you begin new game!), the animation will be skipped.
    If you have your menu on X pages, then the process is the same, you copy all pages. Just remember that an event has capacity of 20 pages, so you may need to copy the entire event instead of just pages if your menu is spread through too many pictures.

7. Drac00nbeam

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It just doesn't seem to work for me... When i copy the entire event with all of its pages, i may encounter too many issues with the switches, since i use many of them. And i don't know, whether it works with 2 autorun events or maybe i'm just misunderstanding something.

8. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you use too many conditions of one kind, then use something else. Since New game and Load game overwrite game objects, you can create for example a hidden item and use that as a condition, or something. The principle is the same. One event runs when the condition is not true and the other one, the simplified one, runs when it is true.

9. Drac00nbeam

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Mmh.. It's still not working, i actually tried out everything i could. The title screen is really heavy evented with many parallel processes to animate the buttons and title itself. I followed your advice, but it still sends me back to the transition no matter what condition i use.

10. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In that case it might be faster if you pm me the json map file.

11. Drac00nbeam

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Attached Files:

12. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have to apologize to you.
    Looking again at HIME plugin, I see that turning on switches and itrems doesn't matter, since it resets switches etc. everytime you get there. It was therefore useless to solve it via switches and stuff. Nevertheless, here is the hopefully solved map. Good thing was it wasn't necessary to duplicate anything, it was just a matter of a global variable.

Anyway, next time you'll be making a menu, you'll want to use one variable instead of 20 switches. It makes it much simpler.

Attached Files:

13. Drac00nbeam

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the great help. Are there supposed to be hash symbols in your comments or words? When i run the game it gives me that skip is not defined. Are there supposed to be the conditions i have to set?

14. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No, that's my slip up. Edit both skips to SceneManager.skip
    That should work.

15. Drac00nbeam

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It works partially; good thing is it won't repeat now, but after i go back from either the load or options menu, the screen is black. I can still hear the sounds as i press the buttons to navigate.

16. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That means everything is going well and the only thing left is to set the show pictures properly so that they get shown when you have seen the menu. Right now they are only showing up in the else handler, so you need to copy them in the if handler. And that should be it.

17. Drac00nbeam

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Now it works just fine; is there an option to highlight the corresponding option when your going from the options or load menu? Right now for example i have set it so that whenever i go back from the either one, the new game button is highlighted/animated and from there i navigate...
    It should be that when i go back from the load menu, the load button in the title screen is highlighted and the same goes for the options.

The problem as you've described above is that the plugin resets all switches. In some way the menu has to remember that i went to the corresponding menu and highlight accordingly.
    It's actually just a minor flaw, but it would be great if that's fixed. Again thanks from my side.

18. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I illustrated it here a little:
    Screenshot_500.png

19. Drac00nbeam

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Big thanks to you Poryg. Although it works perfectly as it is, is there a way to fade in and fade out the options and load menu with a black fade?
    I think it may require a plugin. I know there is Galv's Menu Fade plugin, but that is only for the main menu.
    Additionally, the animations are being reset whenever i come back from the menus. It would be neat to retain those animations, because it kinda looks bad when it abruptly starts all over at the same position. As for the the animations, i'm still using Kaus_Ultimate_Overlay plugin for cloud/fog animations and MOG's weather_ex plugin for leaf animations.
    If there's a better way to implement weather animations, could you give me recommendations for plugins if necessary?

20. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The first one requires a plugin.
    As for the second one, it would not be that simple to retain animations. You'd have to save all sorts of things to global variables and then just call them once the person returns back to menu.