Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
YEP Core- http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/09/yep-1-core-engine/
Hime Enemy Reinforcements- http://himeworks.com/2015/11/enemy-reinforcements-mv/
Hime End Phase Triggers- http://himeworks.com/2015/10/end-phase-triggers-mv/

Hi, I posted a thread recently about Hime Reinforcements but this is a different issue.

I'm using Hime Reinforcements and the YEP Core Engine and I've run into what I think is a compatibility issue with inputting script calls into battle events. Namely, I need to check if a given wave of enemies is alive through the script command:

$gameTroop.isEnemyReinforcementAdded(troopID, checkIsAlive)

So that a switch can flip before the next wave appears. The trouble with this is that when I attempt to run the battle, I get a developer tools error message "reference error: checkIsAlive is not defined." I know the problem is YEP after extensive plug-in enabling/disabling. Does anybody know a workaround to this? I feel like without the checkIsAlive reference I won't be able to get the new wave to appear on the condition of the prior wave's death, and MogHunter's Consecutive Battles won't work for me either.

I'm also using Hime End Phase Triggers to make sure the events play out even if all enemies are dead, before the battle ends, so no problem there.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Plug-in Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Thordon123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, sorry, tried to get it right this time :(

Isabella Ava

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Maybe try to run this:
$gameTroop.isEnemyReinforcementAdded(x, true)
x = troopId

Thordon123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nah I tried that and still can't get it to work :/

Thordon123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Already got Hime under Yanfly

Those are the screens, sorry I didn't put them earlier. First is the plugins, second is the troop eventScreenshot (1).png Screenshot (2).png
Oh and even though the event has multiple pages I only used the first

Thordon123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sure but with the eventing I have now there are no console errors that was only for when I was using checkISAlive. I'll put that back in and get the console

Isabella Ava

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oh yeah this previous eventing should add enemy troop 3 into the battle. Does it? This have nothing to do with plugin error, it's just you do it wrong way

Thordon123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What did I do wrong? Is it possible without the checkIsAlive command? I'm pretty new to the game

Edit: oh and also I could spawn enemy troop 3 fine, though not with that code, it was the wave after that I had trouble with. Troop 3 was only supposed to come in on the first turn so that I could check for them with an original troop on the field.

Last edited:

Isabella Ava

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The problem is that you only run that page only once. Change that page condition to turn 1*X and span = turn

Thordon123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, thank you, but when I did that the next wave just spawned on top of the first one while they were still alive :(

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The way you have it set up won't work. The plugin adds enemies from the troop, but not the events from the troop. So if you call troop 2, it just adds those enemies to the troop 1, but it does not run the events from troop 2 in troop 1 event.

Thordon123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The way you have it set up won't work. The plugin adds enemies from the troop, but not the events from the troop. So if you call troop 2, it just adds those enemies to the troop 1, but it does not run the events from troop 2 in troop 1 event.
Oh, no, all the necessary events are in the primary troop, the only events in the secondary troops are non-essential text indicators (ie: Wave 2).

Also, after even MORE bug checking, I've realized that checkIsAlive is undefined even without yanfly, meaning that I need to define it myself. Would I do this through common events or a variable, and if so, how would I get it to come back true if the enemies are alive?

Thordon123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey so to make a long story short I got the checkIsAlive thing down, what I needed to do was input either "true" or "false" in place of checkIsAlive (rookie mistake I know). Now this is the eventing i'm working with but it still doesn't go, the battle just ends after I defeat the wave it spawns in the beginning. So, still stuck but at a different point. And keep in mind I am using the End Phase Triggers so I dunno why it wouldn't work unless the event is wrong

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is the "2 status updates 24h" still in effect?
My first attempt at Pixel Art :blink::) (I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm doing it)
Plugin instructions: *exists*
Plugin: What did he say? *error*
I feel like it's about time I share all the result of my experiment project here. But there's a lot of it.
Me and brother have an ongoing rivalry. We constantly fight for the High Score in Galaga on our arcade cabinet. Today I take back the top with 239,000. He'll be back. (No-Fire glitch is banned)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChrisCKC