Yawgmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all, I am trying out a new plugin that allows me to call a common event before a random encounter. In this case I am calling a battle intro. This plugin requires me to set a variable id in the plugin's parameters and create a common event. During test play it tells me to press F9 and alter the variable inputting my common event's ID. I've done this and can get the common event to activate on a random encounter. The issue is I have to do this during every test play. How do I make this permanent? I'm sure I am missing something simple.

http://himeworks.com/2015/11/random-encounter-events-mv/

Thank you for your time!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to plug-In Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Yawgmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JGreene Thanks, I forgot about presetting variables all together. I suppose I was more caught up on the new plugin. I will be trying this out tomorrow. So I think I set the variable at the start of the game but I am not sure how to alter the plugin's parameter during game play without using F9.

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unless you were to bind a common event to a hotkey to modify the variable, you wouldn't be able to change it without F9. But that is something you can do as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've noticed that more videos on YouTube have these segmented bookmark things in the videos themselves. It's nice being able to jump to parts of a video you want, and to have them all clearly labelled.
Why you do this? Now I have to buy the new RPG Maker xD
I've always dreaded planning for my games so I just didn't plan at all. That... didn't work out after all. :kaosigh:
Turns out it can be kind of fun if you keep the scope small and don't take it way too seriously.
well... for the first time in months... I feel like my game is headed towards something again. I finally have it where I won't be drawing battle assets for the rest of the year...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishafer001