Yawgmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all, I am trying out a new plugin that allows me to call a common event before a random encounter. In this case I am calling a battle intro. This plugin requires me to set a variable id in the plugin's parameters and create a common event. During test play it tells me to press F9 and alter the variable inputting my common event's ID. I've done this and can get the common event to activate on a random encounter. The issue is I have to do this during every test play. How do I make this permanent? I'm sure I am missing something simple.

http://himeworks.com/2015/11/random-encounter-events-mv/

Thank you for your time!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to plug-In Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Yawgmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JGreene Thanks, I forgot about presetting variables all together. I suppose I was more caught up on the new plugin. I will be trying this out tomorrow. So I think I set the variable at the start of the game but I am not sure how to alter the plugin's parameter during game play without using F9.

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unless you were to bind a common event to a hotkey to modify the variable, you wouldn't be able to change it without F9. But that is something you can do as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I guess the concept of friendship has changed :") Today I saw a very quiet boy getting bullied by his 'friends' because he wasn't talking. They made a circle and made him sit in the middle and were nagging him saying hey talk, sing a song, do this tongue twister etc. etc. And I could totally see the discomfort in the boy's face. Glad I don't have 'friends' lmao
Music is my life, getting noticed for it is the best compliment I can get. So thanks to those who expressed interest :)
character for fun, based on various friends input.

I've noticed that the website has changed a lot since I left in August last year...
One of my kitties after a long, tiring day of being adorable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigzaaGamer