HIME's Level Up Events and Common Events Queue Problem.

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by JRand, Apr 22, 2019.

1. JRand

JRand Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm using HIME's Level Up Events and Common Events Queue plugins. I need to keep the latter because it's necessary for sprite alternations based on armor equipped. However, now that I have installed the latter plugin, my level up events are messed up. I had a variable set to game data for my actors and then in a common event, at certain levels, players receive messages related to their level up (you have access to new skills type of stuff). However, the messages won't go away. They repeat endlessly due to their variable.

Yet, they require the variable to be called in the first place.

I've tried exit event processing and erase event and break loop, but none of these work. The issue is that because the player is = level, as dictated by the variable and condition of the messages (If: VARIABLE NAME = 36, for example, you get a text message), the common event is stuck on repeat, and seems it would be so until the player is no longer level 36, but this isn't possible because the text box for level up events won't go away. HIME recommends using these plugins together, but they don't seem compatible to me, or I am using them incorrectly.

Anyone have any advice on how to set my plugins up differently or end the process?

Attached Files:

2. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1. Can you provide links to those plugins?

2. Have you tried just those two plugins on a blank project? That's to ensure any compatibility issue is isolated to just those two

3. Have you tried rearranging both ways so one is first and also the other is first in the Plugin Manager?

4. You've showed the Common Event, can you also show a screenshot of where you configured that it is called?

JRand likes this.
  3. JRand

JRand Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1) http://himeworks.com/2015/10/level-up-events/

The second one is linked on that one.

To be clear, the CEQ plugin is working perfectly for what I need it for, and Level Up Events was working perfectly until I installed the CEQ plugin which started infinitely looping my level up events. I need both, but I need the CEQ plugin slightly more.

2) I have not, so I'll try that later today.

3) I have tried reordering and it produced no change.

4) The call for the event is just a tag that says this on the actors:
    <level up event: 33>

4. JRand

JRand Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I figured it out. It was running all the events from levels 1 to 33 because I had it set to +32 levels. In short, I goofed. It works fine.