Trash Goblin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Link to plugin: http://himeworks.com/2016/02/party-manager-mv/

Essentially, the Party Manager plugin allows me to have multiple parties active within the game, with separate members and such. However, by default, the plugin makes it so both parties have separate inventories. I don't necessarily want that. Sure, it might not make sense for both parties to magically have access to the same resources, but it would be much easier for the players if the inventories were the same. Meanwhile, another layer of menus to organize items into potentially three different inventories sounds like a pain, and denying all but the main party access to any items would be ridiculous.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Lay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly, I think it is a really bad idea to do it with this plugin. A $gameParty has its own inventory. What the plugin does is to create a new object namely $gameParties that contain all the different $gameParty that has been created. And there isn't a common inventory to all of those $gameParty. The best you can do is to simulate a kind of common inventory by synchronously adding or removing items to all inventory at the same time what is clearly not reasonable to do. One mistake and your game has an open door to item duplication.

The best option is to ask/search for a HIME plugin extension that will rigorously implement a common inventory.

Pearsona

Trash Goblin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly, I think it is a really bad idea to do it with this plugin. A $gameParty has its own inventory. What the plugin does is to create a new object namely $gameParties that contain all the different $gameParty that has been created. And there isn't a common inventory to all of those $gameParty. The best you can do is to simulate a kind of common inventory by synchronously adding or removing items to all inventory at the same time what is clearly not reasonable to do. One mistake and your game has an open door to item duplication.

The best option is to ask/search for a HIME plugin extension that will rigorously implement a common inventory.
I see. Does anyone have any alternative plugins to use multiple parties? I'm sort of doing a system like the Devil Survivor games, in which you move your units and their parties around on a map to engage in battles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

just spent FOREVER troubleshooting an issue with my keyboard... turns out the cord was just loose OTL
I count on someone one time, I let them promise something to me, and one week later it's complete silence as I'm completely let down. I hate everything.
Everytime I need to write dialogues I find myself writing new music pieces... what kind of trick is this?!
Me Being Dumb spending hrs trying to figure out Irenas Visual Novel busts plugin..lol. I'm probably missing something stupid and obvious xDD

let the journey begin >w>
X.X ok... I guess I'll just have to think about 48x48 a little differently. Its not "room for more work"..."its room for more detail!...yay"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RepentantSky