Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
RPG Maker VX Ace

Wild Araz

Theme: A Steampunk Lore Dump for a collaborative writing website: Citizens of Antiford (dot com). Wild Araz is a visual representation of their collaborative world of Orr and their titular country of Antiford. Players are a Zoo Employee living in the basement of the failing Gearford Zoo. The new Zoo Director is disgusted at the empty Zoo, and tasks the player to fill it up with Animals.

Players then travel around Antiford to the largest Locations, Cities, and Landmarks as they fight Airship Pirates, Collect water for the needy, and gather a plethora of native fauna for the Zoo to appeal to Tourists and locals alike.

My Role In the Project: I am an active member and published Author on the site Citizens of Antiford and, using my College educated in video game programming and game design, started this project several years ago. I have been acting as designer, writer, director, programmer (sort of), game tester, and publicist (sort of). I have also been scouring the internet for free to use art to buy, use with credit, or get made for the project (art director?). The only thing I cannot claim to be is an artist, by any means. I have the drawing skills of a gnat.

I have been completely reliant on friends, the internet, sometimes this very site for help on getting needed art assets made, found, and permissions to use. And that is what has lead me here.

The Need: A solid two years, at least, has gone into this game. Unfortunately, Artists are the most unreliable of people (No Offense), and I have had 2 dedicated artists get too busy for the project and have desperately tried to scour the internet and contact prominent RPG Maker artists to fill the need. Issue is, it isn’t enough.

I need an artist or artists proficient in the RPG Maker VX Ace style of art assets. I’m looking for a variety of art types to finish the game in its original vision. I have need of VX Ace styled Battlers, Generator parts like hats and the like, simple things like tile sets re-arranged and made in an image editor (as I am not skillful enough to make anything work for me), and sprites (mainly animal sprites). However, I am desperate for certain items that I just cannot find. After years of begging friends, searching the internet, and craigslist ads, I even came here to seek aid. Now I have one last bid for help: The project recruitment. I am not rich, nor plan to make money off this project, so I would request any and all free help if people are willing to work on something unique and fun. However, there are a few things I absolutely need, and desperation is getting the better of me. I want offers made on those. If no one will help me for free then maybe I can scrounge up some money to pay for one or two of the most desperate items to make my game look as good as I can get.

Contact: Please, if you can provide any help on any of the following items, please contact me. I can reached Via PM, email, through the citizens of Antiford website under the name Lt Joel Arnett or Kent Nicholas, or through any of the official means on the website (the creators can put us in touch) If you will only work on commission or through payment, please let me know how much, and give me some sort of… resume? Some links to your pages/work in the RPG Maker VX Ace styles. Or you can show me what you’ve done with my requests and we can discuss payments. If you’ll work for free and just want to be apart of this project, I appreciate it and want to get in touch with you.

Full list of needs:

• Generator Parts
    • Hats- Fedora(s), Top Hat(s), Bowlers, etc etc etc.
    • Coats and Victorian Garb
  • Char Animal Sprites
    • Pangolin
    • Armadillo
    • Giraffe
    • Armored Fish
    • Omanyte/Cuttlefish
    • Octopus
    • Water Buffallo
  • Battler(s)
    • Vibranni Battlers (See Website or ask) [Think Victorian Demon Indians]
  • Char Vehicle Sprites
    • Victorian Carriage
    • Hansom Cab (Alternate Carriage)
    • Steam Bike
    • Steam Bike + Rider

Thank you so much for your time if you read this far and I thank you so much for any and all time you give this project or getting into contact with me. I appreciate any assistance.

Extremely Early Footage of Project (much has changed)

EDIT: Thank you so much for the community who helped me obtain battlers and a few animal sprites that have greatly improved the game and have allowed me to help get the game closer to my vision. Thank you! Thanks You!

I am bumping this for help to get Victorian Carriages as vehicles and possibly more animal char sprites.

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@comedianmasta I know it might seem a bit ridiculous with all the detail you've posted in your thread (THANK YOU!) but we do ask as part of our requirements for this section, for you to put a bit about your own role(s) in the project. (We often get people that just want to find other people to make their game for them.)

If you can just add a sentence or so about that, we can quickly get this approved.

comedianmasta

Steampunk Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can-DOOOOO. No problem. I hoped I didn't forget one but I must've missed it. I think there might be a small intro in the video but having it clearly printed aligns better with your rules.

Any thoughts or recommendations to make the post better and more aligned with more professional postings on the site just let me know. I don't want to be spam or forum fodder for you guys.

comedianmasta

Steampunk Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
-BUMP-

Thank you everyone who has helped make this a reality. I have gotten help on some of the more major parts of my project and I thank you so much!

I am bumping to bring attention to the last few flavor needs that would truly help flesh out and improve the game immensely. It's mainly animal sprites and some vehicles so I think this would be fun to do one or two, if you have the time. As always, let me know. I appreciate any and all time spent on this. Thank you.

If I had to nit-pick and prioritize from the list below it would be Pangolin, Armadillo, and Victorian Carriage sprite(s). Thank you so much everyone!
  • Generator Parts
    • Hats- Fedora(s), Top Hat(s), Bowlers, etc etc etc.
    • Coats and Victorian Garb
  • Char Animal Sprites
    • Pangolin
    • Armadillo
    • Giraffe
    • Armored Fish
    • Omanyte/Cuttlefish
    • Octopus
    • Water Buffallo
  • Char Vehicle Sprites
    • Victorian Carriage
    • Hansom Cab (Alternate Carriage)
    • Steam Bike
    • Steam Bike + Rider

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Interesting week. Lots of stress and anxiety especially on Tuesday but still got thru it. How is everyone doing?
I was pleased with how the little ... whatever those square bits like upside-down turrets on the skirt are? I like how they turned out. Here's a little ranger/bandit/archery enthusiast to model it:

TestChara-08.gif

I'm calling her Robin because obviously.
Just downloaded the demo and boy howdy are my arms tired (???) :kaohi:
I just watched a trailer for the upcoming 2021 JRPG Fantasian. They demonstrated an interesting mechanic where random encounters can be sent to a stockpile instead of fighting them right away, which can be emptied in a single battle string at the player's choice of timing.
"The pleasure from the senses seems like nectar at first, but it is sour as the toxin in the end." -Kirshna

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drackdragon113