Hiring for Mistaken!

ben37940

Creator of Mistaken
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, I'm Ben Allum and i am currently creating a game called "Mistaken".

If you'd like to take the time to view the backstories/plot i have got up to, you can find it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BuzWCga0Sp5LQ7fruKq82y12mNf0fSKoD3CSv3s-4P0/edit?usp=sharing
If anybody is interested in being part of the team, here's what i need.
Artist- One position taken, still need more for a artist team! Doesn't have to be able to animate, although it would be appreciated if you could, cutscenes will be displayed through images, for example, a character introduction would have a picture of the character with his/her name next to it, that's what you would mainly be doing.
Writer- Dialogue Taken, Sorry! Character designs are still open though ;)
Music Composer- has been taken, sorry!
Voice actors- Mainly for little voice clips of characters, you won't have to say much unless if we end up getting animations for the intro/end of the game.
Sprite creator- This part is VERY important, and will include drawing battlers, characters, and some other little bits.

If you are interested in taking any of these positions please feel free to PM me!

Profits will be shared if the work ends up becoming commercial.
Please tell me in your application if you are applying to do the work for free, i'd love the help <3

Pictures:
Hoki: Main character test sprite (Made by me):

-Thanks!
-Ben

Last edited:

baufian

lost gear in the grand design.
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
What would you like from those interested in voicing?

Nirvis

---
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can help with writing dialogues and adding to the story plot, though I will need some sort of character background/backstory to understand their connections (unless you need that to be written for you).

ben37940

Creator of Mistaken
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Still Open! Feel free to PM me to apply for any of the open roles!

ben37940

Creator of Mistaken
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

MRHAPPYFACEMAN

Story Writer and Plot Development
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
I can pop in for voice acting if you need. I can help with ideas as well if you need to think of what your characters will look like, but I will tell you now that I am not a good drawer. I can help out with the ideas however if you need.

But yea, let me know if you want a voice actor.

MRHAPPYFACEMAN

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
I read through the main points of the game and for the most part it made sense. I am not exactly sure what will be happening with the criminals though. I understood the back stories just fine, but my question is, what is the goal of the game? Is it just helping Hoki go to heaven? or are you going to settle some scores with your parents murderers? Or do you not have that part of the story developed yet?

ben37940

Creator of Mistaken
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I read through the main points of the game and for the most part it made sense. I am not exactly sure what will be happening with the criminals though. I understood the back stories just fine, but my question is, what is the goal of the game? Is it just helping Hoki go to heaven? or are you going to settle some scores with your parents murderers? Or do you not have that part of the story developed yet?
Those are the backstories, They will be explained Subtly throughout the game as said inside of the document, I have ideas floating around on a main goal for the player, but none of them seem to fit yet. Patience is a virtue ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

MRHAPPYFACEMAN

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Do you already have the little sister incorperated into the heart of the story yet?

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi @ben37940. Is the artist position still open? If so, I'd be glad to PM you some of my work. 

ben37940

Creator of Mistaken
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Diretooth

Lv. 23 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm interested in doing some Voice Acting, what are you expecting from voice actors, specifically?

ben37940

Creator of Mistaken
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm interested in doing some Voice Acting, what are you expecting from voice actors, specifically?
Mainly Battle cries/grunts/pain sounds, only few select characters will get full on voice lines for cutscenes. If the game sells well i might update it to be fully voice acted, though.

ben37940

Creator of Mistaken
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bump, Still open! PM me if interested!

MRHAPPYFACEMAN

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
hey did you ever get the chance to ook over that Google doc again after I put some stuff in it?

ben37940

Creator of Mistaken
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
hey did you ever get the chance to ook over that Google doc again after I put some stuff in it?
Yep, It's just taking a while to review as i'm testing what can work and what can't

Still open! Feel free to PM me to apply!

ben37940

Creator of Mistaken
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Still open! Feel free to PM me to apply!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So, apparently I wasn't banned from RMN for the reason I thought. It ended up being some sort of misunderstanding in which someone made an alt pretending to be me (probably my little brother or one of my friends from school) without knowing the rules which got me banned. It had nothing to do with the whole political statement I made on my status.
Stream will be live shortly! Going to stream The Witcher 3, and then it will be the DEBUT of my Portal Playthrough! Feel free to drop by!
I been rather busy lately with non RM projects so, it will take some time for me to release something.
Hmmmm, nice site UI change.
Swapped back to my original meds, but the flippity floppity has me reeling. T ^T I have game making and song collabs to do, hurry up, health. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyakuya