Hit Check? Help?

Bareacine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi everyone. So I have an issue I absolutely can not figure out. I'm trying to revamp MP to be used as a resource called Rage. Basically I want to it be that I can set certain skills such as the basic attack to restore MP (Renamed Rage by different Plugin). I figured out how to get it to Restore MP with certain options in the skills tab. My biggest issue im running into now is I set a common event to restore the MP. But what i want to make is so if i use the the normal attack skill, I want to do a hit check. Such as if i hit I want it to restore the MP, but if it missed, obviously damage doesn't happen and I want it to cancel restoring MP. Basically I think im looking for a Plugin that could answer this request? It's different from let's say Yanfly's Lifesteal. I want it to work like stuff in Diablo 3 with the barbarians Rage.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Please describe in full detail what Barbarian's Rage is like. The reason for this is two fold:

1: No one wants to go and research how that was done in that game.
2: How you think it was implemented might be different from how others think it is implemented. This was actually an issue a while ago with an Final Fantasy type system.

So please post more details on how Barbarian's Rage works.

Also, since you are looking for a plug-in for this..

I've moved this thread to Plug-In Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Bareacine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
The Premise for barbarian's rage is fairly simple. when attacking or using certain skills. You would generate rage to a certain maximum cap. after awhile it would degenerate on it's own such as after every actor's turn it could degenerate X amount. The rage that was generated though would be used for other skills that would use it as if it were MP.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is basically what TP is used for (for example actors get TP when being hit, the "rage" or adrenaline effect of damage).

So either tell us why you can't use TP for this, or look for one of the existing TP-Variant plugins to change what you didn't like on TP handling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Wasting so much time trying to get a sprite behavior to work. I feel like banging my head against a wall.
Well... it’s been a real pain in the IRS today. :/
My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinion