Hitbox issues with Yanfly's animated sideview enemies plugin...

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought at first that the problem had to do with YED Sideview Battler... but that only magnifies the issue. even with just the Yanfly plugin on, I seem to get this issue when I use custom battlers..

. hitbox.PNG

the space around the enemy is huge for some reason... and I'm not entirely sure why. especially with just Yanfly's plugin alone. I've tried this with just the battle core and animated enemies on and this is still the result. I can only assume that it's reading too much space? there's not a ton of empty space in the frame itself. I also tried this with one of Aekashics' battlers and the same results... huge hitbox surrounding the enemy... would anyone know of a way to fix this?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it's a problem with the battler picture, can you attach or link that one?
Because I think this is caused by too much transparent space on the battler....

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Enig.png

as a test I just copied all frames I had drawn into all of blank spots. this was because at first I was pretty sure YED's Sideview Battler was the issue. until I turned it off out. and again, even with one of Aekashics battlers that was specifically designed to work with this plugin, I'm having this issue. BUT, this is really odd as I've not had this issue before I feel. I checked and made sure I had the latest version of the plugin too, which I have.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That sheet pretty much confirms my suspicions - the cells are too big, you should reduce the cell size without reducing the battler size. The cells are about double the size they should be for the battler.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
even that seemed to still leave a big area around the enemy for some reason. I think it's something to do with how it's reading the sheets as opposed to the sheet's themselves. because like I said, it's not just my battler either, it's happening with one's that were made specifically to work with this plugin.
aek hitbox.PNG

though I've noticed, at least when I do have the YED plugin on, the lesser amount of frames to the right on the sheet, the smaller the area. I had an enemy with one frame... it looks perfectly fine. an enemy with 6 looks a bit odd. and the one I posted above has 12 in one instance so the area is huge. it's like it's trying to read the entire sheet instead of just the transparent space within that one frame. my actors are setup like the battler above with a fair amount of space for actions where limbs might extend to either side or upwards and keep a consistent size. but this has never been an issue with the actors either I've noticed.

But it seems that regardless of whether I'm using a plugin to have additional frames or not, the area is bloated for some odd reason.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please show me the corrected sheet then, just to be sure that we didn't write about different things.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Enig.png

I figured out part of the issue... it was the actual shadow under the enemies. now the space around them isn't so huge. I didn't realize it used the same ones as the actors and because I'm using bigger actors, I increased the size of the shadow. but the hitbox is still an issue itself. my actor doesn't really get close to this enemy when attacking. and it's even odder because that particular move already had an offset to have it get closer to look like they were actually punching the enemy instead of the space in front of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh, stop with the Melodrama...

...Listen to it instead!

anybody else like getting baked whilst coding?

When you go to the beach watch out for coconuts. Coconuts are more dangerous than sharks. Fact.
Try to get into pixelart again, so far its a sucess.
Also finally found a useful pixeltutorial which helps a lot.
♫ Anyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant, but he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes, he's got high apple pie in the sky hopes ♫

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdominach