HK VS Animated Title

ryan1978

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
THanks for this wonderful script. Im using it right now for my project.

Just a question, if you dont mind. I want to change the movements of sparkle images.

instead of going upward, i want to change it going to left or right(not left and right).

Can you tell me what part of script im going to change for that?

Thanks!

Sorry for my bad english!

AlaiaVee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It wasn't really written to customize the direction of the sparkles. If you feel comfortable editing the script then you need to go In the frame update section. In there are some conditions where, if true, it adjusts the position of the title-sparkle graphics (@sparkle1, @sparkle2, @sparkle3, @sparkle4).

Where it sets the @sparkle#.ox or @sparkle#.oy values is what you want to edit. To make them go to the right or left, you will first need to swap places where it says @sparkle#.ox and @sparkle#.oy (since currently the X is random and the Y is fixed going up). You can also change the += to a -= to get it to move the other direction.

Here's an example of it changed to move to the right:

if @sparklespeed1 == 5
@sparkle1.ox -= 1
@sparklespeed1 = 0
@sparklerandom1 = rand(100)
case @sparklerandom1
when 0..35
@sparkle1.oy += 1
when 36..70
@sparkle1.oy -= 1
end
else
@sparklespeed1 += 1
end
if @sparklespeed2 == 4
@sparkle2.ox -= 2
@sparklespeed2 = 0
@sparklerandom2 = rand(100)
case @sparklerandom2
when 0..99
@sparkle2.oy += 1
end
else
@sparklespeed2 += 1
end
if @sparklespeed3 == 2
@sparkle3.ox -= 1
@sparklespeed3 = 0
@sparklerandom3 = rand(100)
case @sparklerandom3
when 0..99
@sparkle3.oy -= 1
end
else
@sparklespeed3 += 1
end
if @sparklespeed4 == 10
@sparkle4.ox -= 1
@sparklespeed4 = 0
@sparklerandom4 = rand(100)
case @sparklerandom4
when 0..99
@sparkle4.oy -= 1
end
else
@sparklespeed4 += 1
end

Code:

ZAiKAi

Ultimate Baka
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I tried copying and pasting your script into RPGMaker but the whole thing just appears as a big comment.

AlaiaVee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Perhaps you pasted the script onto the page titled '( Insert Here )' and left the '=begin' at the top?

=begin

This is a comment block in Ruby.

Everything after the '=begin' is commented until an '=end' is reached.

So if you pasted your script after the '=begin' and before an '=end' then

it will be commented out entirely.

=end

icmz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just got this script also very new to the program but I have a few questions if I can get the help.

I made my own Titles (New Story, Continue, Exit) but I have made them in a row and I dont know if its a lot trouble to change the left/right directions so it worked properly going up/down. My last question is how to change the speed of the sparkles. Hope someone can help me a bit with this I would appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't make anything new yet, but I'm back addicted to writing some MZ plugins. Man, I wish I have more free time like I did 5 years ago.
Holy cow... work is demanding and I'm back in college. I'm kind of scared of my dad right now after the incident, but at least I don't live with him all the time. Anyway, working on Fandom Scouts and my FNAF character set. The FNAF sprites are actually going to be used in the game... unfortunately the enemy sprites are FNAF World traces, so no sharing those.
The honeymoon period is over with Cyberpunk 2077, It sadly doesnt live up to the hype, pretty graphics arent everything (especially when I cant even do something as simple as changing the radio station over!). Replaying Breath of the wild has reminded me what a good game really looks like, plus that one has good glitches!....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeJoTa