HMS: Choice Display Mode

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
By default, when you present players with a set of choices for them to select, the choices will be displayed in a window separate from the message window.

However, what if you wanted to present your choices differently in certain situations?

Here is an example of how the choices normally look. They appear on the side, separate from the window.

This plugin allows you to display the choices in-line with your messages, with the option to switch between the default display method and the new display method.

With this plugin, you can have your choice selection look like this:

More information and downloads are available at HimeWorks
Free for commercial and non-commercial use

Last edited by a moderator:

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This JUST appeared at the perfect time. I'm using speech bubbles as dialogue boxes and was sitting here trying to figure out how to get the default choice inside it. Thank you @Tsukihime !

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This makes perfect sense to me. Great plugin! :)

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Plugin has been updated to v1.1

First, it addresses an issue where if you don't display a message BEFORE showing choices, the game will crash.

I have changed this so that instead of crashing directly, it will crash, and explain why it crashed.

You must display a message before showing choices if you're using embed mode, because it doesn't make sense to have choices without message settings.

Second, I have updated the plugin to support automatic choice scrolling. So if you only have 2 lines available for choices, but you have 4 choices for some reason, the player can scroll through the choices.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Plugin has been updated to v1.2

The upgrade to MV 1.3 has changed the way masking is done for windows, so this plugin needs to support that as well in order to properly display choices inside the message window.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tsukihime

Is this plugin discontinued? It doesn't seem to work well in MV 1.6.1 which is too bad because it's a very unique plugin.

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Parallax Panda
Sadly, because her plugins are not updated anymore, you have to ask a scripter to update it for you, and if you're using Yanfly's Message Core, you can ask for compatibility patch addon.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see. Seems she is nolonger active in this community which is a bummer. Oh well, it is what it is. Thanks for the info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Would be nice to pick color code that is not exclusively for message event
The Ace attorney series are so great games... But at the same time such a travesty.
Made a video showcasing a plugin (by Lanza) that adds 5 more weather effects to our MV games. :LZYsmile: Namely:
Ash-dust,
bloodrain,
Cherry Blossom Petals,
Hail,
and bubbles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takufy