Hobbies and free time?

Doogerie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I was just wondering when you guys are not on RPG maker what do you do? I spend time with my family I also ski and swim now my Job is a littel odd I am a Socal media maniger for a company in Newbury also test some of there probes I also work for a soft where company that produce programs for the leisure sailing markit . I do there geo referencing it's slow repetitive work butbibsm alowed to listen to music so that's ok. Music is another one of my passions and I have seen quite a few live bands including Mettalica , Slayer, Perl Jam , We are the in Crowd and Aganst the Current ( check them out now) plus lodes more . What about you?

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I'm not too actively working on my RPG Maker project I do stuff like playing videogames, watching anime, drawing, and just recently I've started to give writing a try.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Playing videogames, watching movies, tv-shows and documentaries, listening to music, writing, reading, studying (mostly history and astronomy), toying with pixel-art. I used to play soccer and basketball too with my friends (as amateurs) but now we don't have much spare time for sport anymore and we barely see each other, so I just workout from time to time to keep myself in good shape. I also spend time with my family sometimes, help my sister with her homework, troll my brother and take care of my cat.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What are these other hobbies you speak of? Gam mak is my life. XD

Hehe, on a serious note, although I do spend most of my free time game-making, I do other stuff too. I like video games in general and often like to try out new ones, in particular indies, and when I do, I tend to write reviews for them, because it lets me break down a game and see it from a critical edge, what was good about it and what was bad. Good for learning on what makes a good game design. I also like making videos on games, such as let's plays and let's tries and upload them to Youtube.

Other than this, I like to get into some good TV shows. Been less into movies lately than I used to be a few years back. Kind of tired of the repetitive Hollywood formula, so I mostly stick to TV shows these days, so that the story doesn't just end after 2 hours. :p

I like to exercise too. I go to krav maga classes every week and been doing it for nearly 3 years now. Helps to keep you in shape, improves your confidence, and of course lets you learn how to fight and defend yourself properly. I'd highly recommend it to anyone. At times I also enjoy going for a run outside (if the weather is good).

Hmm, and spending time with family goes without saying of course. :p

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I read and research a lot. I play several instruments. I paint, mostly water color but digitally too. I also cook and go outdoors a lot, except now it's really cold because Michigan. c;

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, RM is my hobby, where I spend the little bit of free time I have. Otherwise all my time is taken by my two small kids.

So if I'm not tinkering with RM, I'm reading stuff here on the forums.

Otherwise, my favorite hobby is pen and paper RPG, but as I moved back recently to my home country after 10 years abroad, I'm yet to find a gaming club in my area.

Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I'm not at school, working or working on my rpg maker project I'm either practicing piano, sketching some random stuff (usually game idea stuff), or writing stuff such as stories, expressive writing or poetry. 

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I play a lot of Smash Bros with my brother, maybe some classic Halo. When I'm not doing that I work on some short stories or draw. 

Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Writing, gaming, reading something...

Also hoping RPG Maker MV will get on a 75% off sale on steam because I am too poor to buy it on full price

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Programming is pretty much my hobby, so I just make stuff in RM whenever I'm bored.

noctiluca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Fashion stuff, video games, drawing, watching movies, nature appreciation (like camping, hiking, or just observing things), cooking/baking, taking naps on the couch with a cat, listening to music. I walk around 5-8 miles a day and always have a music player with me.

I also like reading about really strange, creepy, obscure or thought-provoking things on the internet. Everything from science to occult to historical events. It gives me some creativity fuel and i learn a lot of otherwise useless knowledge.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Pretty normal things, listening to music (my #1 hobby), going out (especially for dinner), overall having fun. I'd like to resume writing music but I need to purchase a good piano and/or keyboards for that.

lycheeDELETED

no longer around here, sorry
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
N/A
deleted

rechronicle

Mystvaldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ride on college life, spend times on the internet, drawing some arts, enjoy social life, thinking about future, and develop a game with my friends. Really need to find a way to support my life by making game  :D

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Board games.

Ed19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Empty
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sports. Anything about cardio exercise and calory-burning, I like martial arts. So far I've known British Boxing, and basic Judo & Taekwondo.

I also love playing the guitar, although i rarely play the guitar in this time.

Pahhur

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Been picking up Rock Band 4 and running to maybe get me off my butt a bit

Luiishu535

Coffee Machine Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Music; I play Bass, Guitar and Piano. I want to become a better composer nowadays so that I can make my own music for my games. Anything music really; listening, transcribing, analyzing, playing/jamming, recording etc. I really like to do voices as well and becoming a voice actor is another thing I'd like to do. 

Other than that I like to workout, hangout, play video games, party, drink beer, watch movies/series, drink more beer etc. I want to get more active here on the community too. I've spent so much time working on my own stuff that I've barely had time to hang out in the forums.

EDIT: I've been drawing during work a lot nowadays. I'm a telephone interviewer, so I try to make use of the dead time. 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been busy trying out different art styles for my game.

Enemies deserve some spotlight also
hackingCompressed.gif
I think I can make a text-based mini-game with almost zero art assets and with code only...just a lot of code as assets all by themselves. :kaojoy:
A video update on the progress I've been making on the cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I wonder if color LUTs is possible for RPG Maker. It would be game changer and can replace the not so good looking tint screen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HBKaze