_neverGiveUp

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey. I'm Jaime.

I'm in a strange place in my life. Well, with what's going on in the world, I think many of us can say the same, but for me the reasons are not exactly what you might think. I was always a shy bookworm type; so much so, that I never really formed social connections in school at all, and also never got employment experience because I was afraid taking an internship would ruin my perfect grades. I figured I'd wait until I was done with school and then let my academic success see me to a good job. It almost worked out that way, too, but a family loss sent everything crashing down. Now I'm a drop-out with no work experience or prospects, living comfortably (but worriedly) off the sizable life insurance beneficiary payout until I can make the necessary lifestyle changes and psychological recovery to support a job.

In the meantime, I try to focus on hobbies that help me foster my marketable skill set. Which is to say, I try to focus on hobbyist programming. I have RPG Maker MV, and I've been learning how to write plugins for it. I hope to create and share some useful plugins here. I've already submitted my first plugin, which, at the time of writing, is awaiting approval. I'm considering buying RPG Maker MZ and learning its system as well; I was under the impression that it was only a minor upgrade from MV, but I heard something from a reputable acquaintance that suggests I may have been mistaken. I also sometimes sprite, but I'm not all that good at it. I don't really make games, though that may change once I've put together a powerful enough system of plugins to work comfortably (though Yanfly has already done most of the work for me in that respect).

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there , sounds to me you are a perfect fit for the rest of us misfits and weirdos on here xD

With time you'll see that your story tho unique has Many similarities with the stories of most folk on here .

Anyway that's enough of me being serieus and sentimental haha , welcome and have fun xD

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Missed making your name as "_neverGonnaGiveYouUp".
Welcome...

Rafael_Sol_Maker

Almighty God Jabu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there, Jaime! Glad to see another scripter around!

Since you like both programming and a bit of graphics, well, consider studying game design. You can't do a very compelx game on your own, but you can have an efficient skill set to develop original ideas and concepts.

[...] I'm considering buying RPG Maker MZ and learning its system as well; I was under the impression that it was only a minor upgrade from MV, but I heard something from a reputable acquaintance that suggests I may have been mistaken.
Code wise it's basically the same with some very minor modifications. MZ code is a lil' better and have some stuff that you won't find on MV, but nothing revolutionary.

If something, I considered porting MV code to MZ and vice versa. But it's not that challenging nor a lot of fun. IMHO you will be fine no matter which one you pick.

Well, be welcome! It's not like I'm always around, but I drop by sometimes. I see you around.

Cheers, pal!

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome to the forums! Sorry you're going through the school of hard knocks right now though.

As for MZ, it may feel like just a nice MV upgrade (+ animations change) to novice users like myself. However, it sounds like there's a lot more "under the hood". It runs smoother and I heard that it has a much better UI flow for those who do scripting. Note you'll lose some plug-in compatibility but what's available is growing.

I have MZ in two of my favorite features are:
- Having your events listed in the left pain
- Layers are back!

I wish you the best in everything. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

concept: zombie slayer fest.

Lag because of outdated hardware.

Lots todo:
-Terrax lightning should have another step for the flashlight, between up down left right.
-Also Online mv from Nelderson should emit the flashlight from the other player.
-Animation needed for killing the zombie...
Before adding it to #crypchania.
Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Except that, nothing to see here. :kaoswt2:
just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.
Ever reach that moment in your life when your juggling a dozen or more projects that you know will never be made but don't have the heart to delete them? Ugh, I hate those moments...
:kaosigh: Why must you hurt me so?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PunchMaster