Hookshot event?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by longlivejuggs, Jul 14, 2016.

1. longlivejuggs

longlivejuggs Veteran Veteran

Hey guys. I've used the search feature as well as Google with no luck. I'm looking for a way to event a hook shot. Basically i want to press a button that will cause a rope with a grappling hook of sorts to spawn from the character and travel in the direction their facing. The hook can only travel X amount of spaces without hitting an acceptable target before returning to the player. If the hook does hit an acceptable target it will cause the player to be pulled behind it and reach the location of the hooks acceptable target. This would allow the player to traverse otherwise impassable terrain such as gaps between mountain ranges. If somebody could help me out or point me to a guide somewhere I would be extremely grateful. Thank you for your time. 

2. longlivejuggs

longlivejuggs Veteran Veteran

Bump

3. TakeHomeTheCup

TakeHomeTheCup Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You'll probably have to script it. I've never seen a hookshot plugin.

4. Hatake-hime

Hatake-hime Squishy Cat Summoner Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You might be able to get away with scripting barriers instead of just tiles; 

like, maybe 

conditional branch - if player has item (hookshot)

then 

text: use hookshot? (Or leave blank) if yes, hookshot jump = on

next event page

To the left, if hookshot jump= on, 

then on this page it'll jump the player in whatever direction you want? (Movement route, jump +2 or whatever) and then the player lands on the other side. You could put a sound on this page, and turn off the hookshot option so the player doesn't press it and go in that direction again randomly.

sorry if this is confusing,

i thought it might help with passing the impossible terrain if they were events instead?

it might not work but that's what I would try; good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016