ZirconStorms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Using a horizontal loop scroll type for a map will result in events flickering for a split second (becoming transparent) no matter where they are on the map.

upload_2018-11-19_20-32-31.png

Are there any workarounds to this? Flexibility is a bit limited with the use of parallax mapping/evented looping (placing transfers on the map to fake a seamless/endless map loop) so I'd like to avoid using those two techniques if possible. I've attached a demo with an example of this event flicker issue below (nothing about the engine or default scripts has been modified)

Attachments

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's because the nature of map looping is just simply moving all events to the other side. To make it looks seamless, the code needs to be modified so that it displays a clone of the sprite on the other side of the map (I'm too lazy to think how it works).

The flicker will be noticeable if you use map looping in the small map. However, if you use bigger map, says 2 tiles bigger than the minimum size, i.e, 19 tiles width, it won't be noticeable.

ZirconStorms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's because the nature of map looping is just simply moving all events to the other side. To make it looks seamless, the code needs to be modified so that it displays a clone of the sprite on the other side of the map (I'm too lazy to think how it works).

The flicker will be noticeable if you use map looping in the small map. However, if you use bigger map, says 2 tiles bigger than the minimum size, i.e, 19 tiles width, it won't be noticeable.
I think there is a script made by Shaz (Clone events https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/clone-events.18727/ ) that could work as a workaround to the event clone. If not, then it is good to know that smaller/minimum tile looping maps may just be something to avoid completely.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
An extra event is unnecessary, you just need an extra sprite that acts as an extra event (it's done by script).
And I mean, it's really not worth the hassle when I can just use a bigger map and call it a day.
Besides map looping is usually done in a bigger map.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.
is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightnvs