FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Burgerland This person is dying for a good horse game and I think you have just the medicine she needs.

Saw her post and instantly thought of your game. I hope this inspires you to make a great horse game.

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Burgerland This person is dying for a good horse game and I think you have just the medicine she needs.

Saw her post and instantly thought of your game. I hope this inspires you to make a great horse game.
Sorry for the late reply! Thank you for the recommendation and inspiration! I'm working on the game right now, adding another secret race track for the player to fnd, and just logged in to see an attached file in another thread that I hope can improve the game. I'm gonna go read the post now!

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Demo 4 for Windows, Mac, and Linux (Google Drive)

Updates:
* Predators added to waterfall, mine, and mushroom tracks
* New minigame: Dice Game (talk to Nikiki in her stable)

Dice Game works find except for the ending, which I'm fixing.

To-do list:
* Add regular races and boss races
* Fix Dice Game ending

Thank you for playing the demo! Let me know what you think of it, likes and dislikes, any bugs you encounter, and what you want added to the game!

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice! Your game is so unique I want to see it do great! Don't get discouraged. There's a market for it that you won't see until it hits Steam. That woman in the reddit I linked you. She was really passionate about it but she doesn't know about rpg maker. Once it hits Steam though, the market blows up.

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nice! Your game is so unique I want to see it do great! Don't get discouraged. There's a market for it that you won't see until it hits Steam. That woman in the reddit I linked you. She was really passionate about it but she doesn't know about rpg maker. Once it hits Steam though, the market blows up.
Thank you! What other platforms in addition to Steam are there?

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Burgerland I played your game, it's nice so far, but honestly, I have no idea what to do... Am I supposed to just run through the meadows? (yeah, I skipped tutorial, I know). Mapping is not a good site, but I liked overall. And minigames are nice and clever.

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Burgerland I played your game, it's nice so far, but honestly, I have no idea what to do... Am I supposed to just run through the meadows? (yeah, I skipped tutorial, I know). Mapping is not a good site, but I liked overall. And minigames are nice and clever.
Thank you! The tutorial isn't made yet, so no worries. If you go to the waterfall at the top of the world and examine the very top of the waterfall, than you can enter a race. There are other races hidden around the world too.
How should I improve the mapping? What other minigames do you want? In the meantime, I'm going to add an intro that explains what the player is to do.

Last edited:

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Demo 5 for Windows, Mac, and Linux (Google Drive)

- Regular and boss race tracks still not playable yet
- Time trial still not playable yet
- Tutorial still not made yet

CHANGELOG:
- Fixed ending of Dice Game
- Added bush and rock obstacles to hubworld
- Added new hidden race track, totaling four hidden race tracks to find on the hubworld by examining everything
- Fleshed out the end-of-race menu
- Added oats that augment your speed briefly when eaten, examine oats to eat them (oats found in barrels)
- Changed Challenges Menu to Item Menu
- Added labels to areas for easier navigation and remembrance of areas
- Added some more secrets and cheat codes
- Added intro for player to learn what to do

TO DO LIST:
Make regular and boss race tracks

Please tell me what you think of the game and what you want to be in the game. I'm bad at mapping, so any help is appreciated. Thank you for playing the demo!

Last edited:

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Working on the regular and boss race tracks still. Here are pics of the four secret race tracks you can find on the hubworld. Let me know what you think of the race tracks.

Map003.png

Map017.png

Map009.png

Map021h.png

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Still working on demo version 6, making the easy cup regular tracks and some other goodies. But right now, I have a legal question. I've learned of a card game called HorseVenture. Should I change the name of my game?

Last edited:

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That would probably be best. Don't want to leave anything to chance. I'm no lawyer though.
Maybe Almanac: Horse Racer. I don't know I just finished re-watching the back to the future series so Almanac is fresh in my head.

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That would probably be best. Don't want to leave anything to chance. I'm no lawyer though.
Maybe Almanac: Horse Racer. I don't know I just finished re-watching the back to the future series so Almanac is fresh in my head.
Thank you! BTTF is a great series.

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Demo 6 for Windows
Demo 6 for Mac
Demo 6 for Linux

hubworld.png

track ancient cave.pngtrack bamboo jungle.pngtrack blossom park.pngtrack lava pit.pngtrack mud cake.pngtrack mushroom groove.pngtrack palm island.pngtrack spiny desert.pngtrack tiny forest.png

ADDED:
- easy cup races (tracks marked with a 1, not 2 or 3), which you can access from time trial
- character customization on the select screen, make a horse of any color
- difficulty settings for character selection
- tutorial map
- 8 new minigames
- 3 microgames
- item store (haybales are your currency)
- new hubworld design
- new options in the option menu, such as autosave
- display of characters before the title screen

TO-DO LIST:
- change game name for legal reasons?
- make normal and hard cup races (tracks 2 and 3)
- make boss (tetrarch) races and Giblis (final) race
- add more personality to race tracks
- add more microgames
- add anything else you want in the game

I'm looking for feedback and criticism. And if you want anything in the game, let me know. :)

I need to add this stuff to the game for the player, but for now, I'm adding it here.

* Horse selection difficulty settings: Depending on what you choose, you either select a horse (easy/normal difficulties) or a horse gets selected for you based on your answers to a series of questions (hard difficulty)
* Tutorial show-and-tell takes you to the tutorial map, while tutorial just-tell-me gives you the written version of the tutorial, and the third option skips the tutorial altogether
* Exit the tutorial to start the game proper
* In the hubworld, you must find the race caves by examining everything. Currently (demo 6), there are no race caves, but you can access the easy cup races from the time trial mode
* Minigames/microgames affect your joy and health - do well and they go up, do poorly and they go down
* Nikiki offers you the written version of the tutorial on the hubworld island
* Nikiki is also a save point on the hubworld (she'll ask if you want to overwrite the first save file)
* Depending on how well you do in the game, you get a different ending and a different letter grade (A, B, or C) at the end

If I missed anything/there's something you don't understand, let me know :)

Sorry for the long wait! I've been busy fixing bugs and adding new stuff to the game. I have lots more to add ahead of me, so sorry that the game won't be done sooner. I want it to be finished, but I also want it finished well. If you need help playing the demo (given all the new stuff added), let me know. I hope the gameplay isn't too cumbersome. Thank you for sticking around, playing my game and offering me advice, encouragement, support, criticism and feedback!

Last edited:

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Demo 6.1

Windows demo 6.1 is out today. No Mac or Linux, as it was taking too long to upload them.

FIXED:
- WASD controls not working
- loading a minigame hanging on the transition screen
- spelling errors on the tutorial screen
- moved the cast of characters from before the title screen to after you select New Game
- changed the tutorial screen to be more of a playground (I originally intended to expand the hubworld and turn the island in the middle into a farmland/tutorial space, but that'd take too long to do)

ADDED:
- passwords for each seasonal grand prix
- continues (10 hay/oats = extra continue)
- new option in options menu: continue option, it turn continues on/off
- another new option in options menu: player balloon option, it displays a "you" balloon over player at start of game/race (so you know who you are)
- race caves on hubworld, so now you can go find the races on the hubworld
- ten gold coins on easy race tracks (summer/winter grand prixes)
- haggling to the hay ship menu (item shop menu)
- a new microgame: Avoid Barrels
- Nikiki can now brush you on the hubworld
- you can now find change name, sex, etc. items on the hubworld if you choose the hard difficulty for horse selection

TO-DO:
- make normal races, hard races, and boss races
- make more microgames

This is a quick demo update for Eastertide. Please give it a try and let me know what you think. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There's another Humble Bundle available now for RPG developer assets, this time focused somewhat more towards pixel art style games.
Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Narvzilla