N/A
Windows demo 8
Linux demo 8
Mac demo 8

DEMO 8 ADDITIONS
* game starts in full screen
* able to steal items from the Hay Boat
* race placing shown on screen (upper left corner) in races
* new item: mobile phonograph that lets you listen to the game's music anywhere in the game
* new item: world register lets you change the names of areas
* new item: studbook lets you change the names of horses

DEMO 8 CHANGES
* full screen option added to graphics section of options menu
* end-of-cutscene menu now has more options for Championship Race mode

DEMO 8 FIXES
* loading screen ending right
* short cuts on hubworld working
* pause menu ending on Unpause

Below are screencaps, characters, and items. I'm looking for critique, feedback, and suggestions about the game and anything in it. Thank you for reading this, offering me critique and feedback and suggestions, and playing my game! :)

- Stone Mine Track
- Spirit Valley Track
- Mushroom Run Track
- Boreal Stream Track
- Ancient Cave Track 1-3
- Bamboo Jungle Track 1-3
- Blossom Park Track 1
- Lava Pit Track 1
- Mud Cake Track 1
- Mushroom Groove Track 1
- Mushroom Groove Track 3
- Palm Island Track 1
- Spiny Desert Track 1
- Tiny Forest Track 1

HUBWOLD:

SAMPLE OF RACE TRACKS:

ITEMS:
Nikiki's Outfits:
- Schoolgirl uniform
- Magical girl dress
- Office lady suit
- Flowery kimono
- Maid costume
- Buruma (gym uniform)
- School swimsuit
- Miko vestment
- Exotic costumes, including catgirl, doggirl, foxgirl, and tanukigirl

Nikiki Coat: lets you turn into Nikiki
Keziae Coat: lets you turn into the centaur goddess Keziae
Print Coat: lets you turn into a horse that resembles a cheetah, tiger, giraffe, or deer
Animal Coat: lets you turn into any non-horse animal
Horse Socks: makes you stay warm in cold weather
Wind Breaker: a scepter that lets you control the weather and daytime
World Register: lets you change the names of areas
Studbook: lets you change the names of the horses
Karael: feline phonograph that lets you listen to game's music

CHARACTERS:

Horseventure is a horse racing game. The game starts at the horse selection screen with four horses. Hanael is a black shy cold-blooded stallion who runs slow and is for beginning players to get to know the game's mechanics, world, etc. Jophael is a brown good-natured cold-blooded stallion who runs a bit faster than Hanael and is for more skilled players. Urael is a cream assertive warm-blooded stallion who runs fast and is for average players. Samael is a white overconfident hot-blooded stallion who runs the fastest and is for expert players. You pick a horse you wish to play as and pick a mode: Grand Prix has you play through the game's story while racing against the other horses on all the tracks, Time Trial has you race against the clock on a race track of your choosing. After picking a mode, you pick a difficulty: Easy has you just race on the tracks, Normal puts enemies on the tracks that you have to dodge, and Hard puts traps as well as enemies on the tracks. Each difficulty has its own set of tracks, so you aren't racing on the same ones all the time.

The story goes that the horses on the planet Grassia are holding a race to see who is the fastest horse. You start off on the hub world (picture 1), where you have to explore to find races to enter. You race against the other three playable horses on eight race tracks, eating haystacks scattered across a track to briefly gain speed and coming in first place to win the race. Whoever wins each race wins the grand prix. After the grand prix, Grassia gets invaded by space pirates that intend to take over the world, but the player talks them into holding a race for the fate of the world. But the pirates say you have to prove yourself worthy of racing against them by winning another grand prix first - but with a catch: you have to collect coins scattered across the tracks AND win each race. After that, the pirates issue another challenge: now you have to get in first on each lap of the race. After that, the pirates challenge you to collect coins again AND get in first on each lap of the races. Then the pirates finally race against you, and, should you win, they leave the world; else, they take the world over. The story takes place over the course of a year (first grand prix is in spring, second is in summer, etc.).

As you can see, the hubworld resembles an amusement park, but I wish to add more details to it. Also, the second picture is a template race track that I intend to build on. If you have any comments, suggestions, concerns, or questions about the game, let me know!

Demo 8

Last edited:

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I played your game and gave some feedback, with the aim to make it feel more exciting and keep the adrenaline pumping. Along with smaller maps you might also consider putting areas on the map that increase your movement similar to how quicksand slows you down. Some interaction between horses as well would be good.

Last edited:

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I played your game and gave some feedback, with the aim to make it feel more exciting and keep the adrenaline pumping. Along with smaller maps you might also consider putting areas on the map that increase your movement similar to how quicksand slows you down. Some interaction between horses as well would be good.
Thank you for playing my game for your video series! Your criticism and advice were very helpful and I intend to implement them and make the game more like Mario Kart. The issues with the pause menu should be fixed in demo 8. I think you played demo 7? If you did play demo 8, than the issue isn't fixed and I'm glad you told me about it. If there's anything else you'd like to tell me, feel free to. No need to play demo 8 for your video series, it's the same as demo 7 except with some very small changes.

I hope your game making is going well and you knock your game out of the park! Be careful about publishing on Steam and the Epic Store. Valve and Sony are deleting published games that include either adult content or right-wing content, while Epic Store is cheating devs out of money (their share of the sale is way too high). I'd recommend having your own website, that way you have total control over how your game sells.

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Burgerland they're deleting gaes that have right wing content? Thats pretty scary considering the west is a 2 party system and both sides are suppose to have a say.

I'm not entirely sure which version I played but it's a safe bet to test that bug out and see if it persists.

Glad my feedback was helpful. :)

Also thanks! My game is slowly going along. I started playing Dark Souls 3 so I kind of haven't gotten much done on my game yet lol. I'm almost finished though and then can get back to my game haha.

Sony are deleting games with adult content? Wouldn't that include last of us part 2? Hmm...

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Burgerland they're deleting gaes that have right wing content? Thats pretty scary considering the west is a 2 party system and both sides are suppose to have a say.

I'm not entirely sure which version I played but it's a safe bet to test that bug out and see if it persists.

Glad my feedback was helpful. :)

Also thanks! My game is slowly going along. I started playing Dark Souls 3 so I kind of haven't gotten much done on my game yet lol. I'm almost finished though and then can get back to my game haha.

Sony are deleting games with adult content? Wouldn't that include last of us part 2? Hmm...
I'm dumb for replying to you on two different threads. Here's my reply: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/fleshtodust-first-look-videos.119921/page-5

On a side note, my game is shaping up to be more like Mario Kart:
screen.PNG

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just for the record I have greatly enjoyed the past couple months of using RPG Maker MV - enough that I went ahead and bought MZ although it's going to be a bit before I seriously start a project with that.
I have a pretty reasonable alpha of one game that's got roughly 4 hours of content and some bits and pieces of others after only about 300 hours total time and about 2 1/2 months of owning RPG Maker.....
I completely forgot which forum had the personal blogs for members. :LZSlol: It was probably a forum for the Ace program. I was going to see about posting a blog post, but I'm too tired, and if its associated with Ace, then its a moot point. :LZSlol:
I've had some hard times. A co-worker accused me (not going into detail here), and I am trying finish training next week. Still not paid yet, I think next week.
I don't like hard boiled eggs...
it's weird to eat something that crunchy outside soft inside. And after chewing it for a while it started to spill red sauces that taste like iron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holaaa