Not open for further replies.

shadow7396

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
hey does anyone know how i can host an online server using rpg maker and my own site?

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The project files themselves are your HTML5 export. When your project is ready to be uploaded to the server, just upload the project to the server.

If you need help getting a server, that's kind of outside the scope of the forums, but you could try renting a web server for a brief time to try it out. Since games tend to be resource-heavy, they might get mad at you if you use too many resources.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to MV Deployment. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

As said above, single-player-web is one of the basic deployment options of RMMV - or to be more precise, you don't even need deployment, you can basically copy your project files to a directory on your server and it will work if you access that directory.

If you're talking about multiplayer-online, that is something entirely else and not (yet?) possible

Edit:

If you're talking about older Makers than RMMV, web deployment is not possible at all, but there is a server system using RMXP data - it's just not part of default RMXP and you have to search for that yourself

Last edited by a moderator:

MarisaG

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry to just see this now, but if you are looking for a multiuser online game engine that allows "live" updating and is similar to RPG Maker take a look at <snip> . One of my other projects is hosting for <snip> servers. First month is free and $14/month after that. You can of course host your own server on your own hardware for no fee. More info at <snip> - its not as powerful as RMMV, but still pretty powerful...

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Marisa

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MarisaG, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I also removed the links because we do not allow advertisements for competing products here (this is a company forum owned by the company that sells the RMs)

MarisaG

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Profile Posts

If you're an artist of illustrations, you're doing fine.
If you're an artist of writing, you're doing fine.
If you're an artist of programming, you're doing fine.
But if you are all three above (and more) you cannot allow any distractions in your life.
After working out some initial confusion, I managed to get Yanfly's Improved Battlebacks successfully working on a test battle, changing the battleback and getting it to scroll during combat. This means that I can have graphically dynamic battles on moving platforms, like the roof of a train or the deck of a ship/airship...
Place Events Like Tiles Through Replacement, & Take Notes Free Form | RPG Maker News #41

the singularity is upon us:
1621133810311.png
MV's plugin command setup is the current bane of RETRO's existence. To a degree, so is MZ's. Especially when trying to make MV's plugin command interface play nice with MZ plugin commands with complex arguments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kalahan