Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone! In this RPG Maker Game Jam entry, we delve into the cold and cursed world of Winter's End. This game has a powerful story, compelling characters, a hauntingly beautiful soundtrack, and authentic Nordic references.

There are, however, so many grammatical errors that we lost count... this game really needed a spell-checker. Also, there is a special "confusion" status ailment that is impossible to cure and almost ruins the fun of one of the game's most important battles.

But those two points aside, this is a solid entry that we cannot say enough good things about.

Good job, BPG Wolf!

fiddlesticks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello everyone! In this RPG Maker Game Jam entry, we delve into the cold and cursed world of Winter's End. This game has a powerful story, compelling characters, a hauntingly beautiful soundtrack, and authentic Nordic references.

There are, however, so many grammatical errors that we lost count... this game really needed a spell-checker. Also, there is a special "confusion" status ailment that is impossible to cure and almost ruins the fun of one of the game's most important battles.

But those two points aside, this is a solid entry that we cannot say enough good things about.

Good job, BPG Wolf!

hello friend can I have his tag I want contact him :( I reaklly like this one.

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello friend can I have his tag I want contact him :( I reaklly like this one.
I'm not sure if he's on the forums. I'll look, but if he is not, you can try contacting him over the comments section on his YouTube video.

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone! In this RPG Maker Game Jam entry, we are led on an emotional journey dealing with death and memories. This is a puzzle game with no combat, focusing on working together as a team to overcome obstacles.

All art is hand-drawn and custom, even the sprites. The puzzles are intuitive and give a strong sense of accomplishment when you solve them. The music is simple and adds so much more emotion to the story. The ending brought us to tears.

Good job, BerryB!

jmike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aw I missed the whole thing. Any chance you'll be holding another one soon?

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone! In this RPG Maker Game Jam entry, we step into the desert world of Blighted Sun. Two rival tribes had waged war on each other for centuries; but now they must unite to overcome a threat to their world.

This game is short, sweet, and to the point, with a lot of the features we've come to expect of the creator. Random loot generation ensures a different experience each time. The only complaint we have is that item durability takes the fun away from the experience, but that is a personal taste that you may not agree with.

Overall, a very solid and complete game.

Good job, @SimProse!

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone! In this Game Jam Contest entry, we explore the world and save it from random encounters in StudioBlue Game Jam. With a mixture of custom artwork and RTP sprites, this game goes exactly how you'd expect.

If you're looking for high-powered battles, a wide range of characters, and ninja squirrels, look no further! Definitely needs some balancing and more direction... we had a hard time figuring out where to go next and how to finish the game.

Thanks for the entry, @fiddlesticks!

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone! In this RPG Maker Game Jam entry, we dive (head first) into the tongue-and-cheek world of Askeroth, an adventure that dares you to kill enemies with words and sarcasm.

While this is very much a traditional RPG in style, the unique types of powers and how they "damage" the enemy is hilarious. The world doesn't take itself seriously, and there is humor everywhere. The story is quite refreshing and different as well, and doesn't end the way you'd think. Reality, sometimes, can be harsh.

This game has some game-stopping glitches, however, that need to be fixed. Also, the dungeon is a bit too long (the maze with monsters can be removed). The puzzle section is fun, though, with just enough challenge.

Overall, lots of fun and very funny.

Good job, Tim Bengel!

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone! In this RPG Maker Game Jam entry, we slide into the arduous world of Heir to the Kingdom. A fantastic story about trail and perseverance, this game features a diverse cast of characters, a story of proving your worthiness to rule, and very, very challenging puzzles.

It's the difficulty curve on these puzzles that taint an otherwise fantastic game. They are just too hard. In fact, this game has the honor of being the first game to defeat us completely. Try as we might, we just couldn't finish it. The puzzles need to be easier for the average player to complete.

Otherwise, this is a very good game.

Good Job, @Frogboy!

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frogboy

I thought you did an Excellent job! In many respects! You REALLY highlighted the theme well, and the maps, dialog, and puzzles and STORY (WOW, great idea, really!!!!) were well thought out. I agree that there could have been better hints (or maybe optional hints) But I am VERY VERY impressed by your entry personally. I would be happy to collaborate with you in the future, well done!

(BTW, I'm not easily impressed. ;) )

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! My biggest problem was time. Two weeks left me little time to put in all the bells and whistles and I barely finished the game in time for submission. I'd like to add about 20 more levels (there's only 10 right now) and scale the difficulty of the puzzles better as well as add in some more features. It was a fun experience, though.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would definitely develop this submission into a game. I would be happy to play test your beta and help you balance it. : D

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone! In this RPG Maker Game Jam entry, we spin and twirl into the silk-woven world of Aibou, a visual novel about two people who work together to reach the stars.

The writing in this game is masterful, and it sets a powerful tone for a story of love, loss, and rebirth. It also is one of the few games I've played that uses QTE in a way that felt natural and not forced. The narrative is amazing and the characters are believable.

Good job, @umbralshadows!

umbralshadows

the silks angel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks I really hope my aibou likes it cuzz I made it for him using yer contest as motivation for jumping inta rpg maker for tha first time. .. I don't think i'd a been brave enouh ta make it if I didn't have deadline an stuff yo. Guess I can go show it ta him now :kaoluv:- waiting for that seemed like forever hahahh (an yeah I kno me an my visual novel love I swear I'll make an rpg some time or others)

He actually tried ta take his life back April this year an has may be permanent damage so I hope this game cheers him up makes him realize hes important ta me well I made it with all my heart an i was so inexperience in rpg maker cuzz my first time that it took me staying up days at time ta make it so at least he knows how much he means ta me allso thanks for not laughing at my stupid feelings cuzz I know there was plenty opportunity ta do so during that.:kaoswt:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Quexp wrote on Shaz's profile.
I absolutely love your profile/pic! :kaoluv:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
I made a battle results screen for my minigame.. any feedback? :)
Things I thought would never happen but just did: I needed to use my snow shovel. In August. In the Northern Hemisphere.
So I finished Cupcake, now I need to figure out my next project!
Do I pick up one of my incomplete games?
Do I start something entirely new???
The possibilities are endless!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarina