fusegu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I browsed to see if anything was up here already, and so here is my presentation. It sounds simple in my head, but I'm not a java scripter. I've broken it down intto steps, if someone wants to tackle a step at a time and then we can post the results in this thread.

I deleted most of the original post; As described in earlier thoughts below, the requirements of what I was asking essentially required a new Battle Manager in its entirety.

The end goal is a PVP system a la pokemon that could have people connect to each other. Not a true MMO, just a vs battle.

I'm starting with a hot seat PVP plugin. I am not a coder by trade and so this is slow going. I'll post updates every so often with as far as I've gotten.
I'm building the Plug In one object/class at a time. I started with building the a PVPBattle Scene and coding one object at a time as needed.

Last edited:

fusegu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've noticed people looking at this post but not many actually commenting. Ok... no one commenting :)

Obviously this was a big endeavor; Essentially creating a whole different battle manager to running parallel with the existing one. Which is essentially what I've started doing with my limited JS knowledge. So here we go:

Its not finished yet. I still have to edit the scene manager.

But what I've done is:

• Create a parrelel Battle Manager that gets called only for PVP battles.

• Create a PVPParty that right now just pulls all the same actors together as Party

• Started editing together a Scene Manager for PVP battles.

Last edited:

What?

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
Waiting for this long time.Awesome.

But sometime i want more like Party System and  transact with items or auction and so on.

Poor English.Wish you can understand

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

I AM A NEWB AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT AT ALL.

HOW TO WORK IT?????

Last edited by a moderator:

jria

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
tagalog
Primarily Uses
How does this works?

fusegu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sad to say it doesn't work yet.  I posted it in the forums for anyone's thoughts and feedback and help.  Its very incomplete. 

What it will ideally do is create a parrallel "Battle Manager" that can be called for PVP battles.  I want it to work pretty much just like the current Battle Manager with the exception that it has two fully controllable Actors on either side of the battle.  To accomplish that I'm starting with a simple copy and paste of many of the current managers/objects/classes and renaming them as appropriate.  The glaringly obvious stuff that needs to removed/changed, I'm doing that as I rename.  Then other things in the code that I KNOW need to be changed but am unsure, I've done "//comments" to mark where I need to go back.

Huge work in progress that because I'm only an infant JavaScripter is going to take a lot of time.  Further, I have to really comb through all of RPG Maker's code, because I'm really seeing the huge web of process that interact with the Battle Manager and I need to ensure to untangle it all correctly.

Hope I didn't disappoint you too much.  What ever projects your working on - Ganbatte!

fusegu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
SO here is the latest version:

I scrapped my last attempt. THIS one actually generates a scene... that does nothing. And I keep getting an error @ actor.isAppeared.

<link removed - see my latest post.>

Any help for tracing that would be great. Otherwise I'll update at the next milestone/problem.

Last edited:

fusegu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
BUHAHAHAHAH! ITs getting there fellas.

I won't be posting any more links to the JS here. You'll have to PM me, or find me on YT, TWITCH, or Discord. I had a run in with the Mods and I just don't like the way RMWeb decides to run things. BUT I dont' want to give up any networking opportunities either. So I'll post one more time on this thread when I'm done updating. If you want to follow more on the PVP plug in status, please hit up and lets keep in touch.

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Any update on this one? Is it getting done? Because a PVP plugin my party against your in a format of you can go in this HUB would be really nice addition in my game. (Because you are making your own team of fighter.... so being able to do some PVP would be so DAMM awesome) :D Please let me know if you can do it!!!

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
User stated they stopped using the forums due to moderation issues. I doubt will see updates here sadly. Too bad because this the site I go for info.

fusegu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Kane! I see you around the discord servers - you can find the PVP plug in in the Neko Lounge, or just hit me up by PM. I'm active in the community.

RANDOMEDIA

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been trying to find something like this for literally around a year now. Glad to see it in the making!

EDIT: Just wondering you mentioned that you aren't going to share updates on the forum anymore...Are you sharing updates elsewhere? If so, please post a link here, I myself would love to see the progress it is making.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I have a lighter work schedule next week. Is that a sign to move on to MZ?
I got a new rpg idea yesterday, titled "The Hero We Summoned to Save Us is a War Criminal from our Past?!"
Work on Yanfly's MZ plug-ins is coming along nicely. Looking forward to getting them: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Core_Engine_VisuStella_MZ
so uh variables can only be used for num lol? I guess I gotta fix that once MZ come out lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BM_ANDERSON