outcry312

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, I've been looking around for common event trouble like this and don't see anything similar. Sorry if there's an obvious answer to this issue but I can't figure out what's happening here.

So I've created a version of the issue without excess code and got pics of the common event code here. Even with this simplified version, the issue still persists. There is no other code tied to this, just an empty scene I set as the intro scene. It displays picture 72 and then plays this common event:
helpimage1.png
So that's the part that functions perfectly. Testing this has both messages 1 and 2 display and then the picture I added in the scene now has a hotspot. End of common event 1

When you click the hotspot, the next common event triggers:
helpimage2.png
So obviously the condition is fulfilled and is pointless, I'm just simplifying my code from the real common event to show this, recreate it but simplified. But once I've clicked the hotspot and this common event plays, it will only show message 3. Message 4 and everything I ever put after that first message never happens. Even if I don't use a condition at all. It will only play the rest of the event if its just simple variable changes or conditions. It's like the message ends the common event somehow? I replaced the messages with wait commands and the same issue happens. I use wait, just 1000ms, and then put a message after that and it won't trigger the message.

I removed the condition and out of paranoia that there's somehow a difference between these two common events, I had the scene call the second common event instead, skip the first one. It worked then. So I've been able to figure out the issue is once I've used a hotspot common event call. But that's as far as I can get.

I don't really understand what's causing this, is there some kind of limitation to hotspot common event triggers?
Thanks

TijerinArt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hello, I hope I have understood your question, there are several possible problems that I see:
-From what I can see all this code could be introduced in the same "Common Event" and not doing so may cause you more problems than necessary.
-By not creating a variable you can have problems in the operation of the "Common Even", it may not be necessary but I always create it.
-By not adding the "Else" command at the end of each text bubble the action will continue, do it this way:
xxxx.PNG
Cheers, I hope I've answered your question, remember to test the common event code before creating it whenever possible to make sure it works.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

After so long, my random sprites set is complete! I wonder who could guess them all? :kaothx:
2COlHup.png

And yes, I'm doing more.
I'm thinking of devouring some tutorials for RPG Maker MV. Just all kinds: mapping, spriting, programming, ect. the whole works! :)

Maybe videos, my brother and I can sit down and watch them during one of our weekly business meetings.
Ami
trying to make a Dialogue Script in Indonesian,first. then translate into English.

this is the reason why i'm terrible at this section beside making the enemies :stare:
Made a Mapping Tutorial on Adding Lighting/Shadows using Tileset

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnGieA