How Action Cutin plugin by irina turn it off during the game?

Dehsalp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi !

I'm using Action Cutin plugin by irina

I'm reading the manual in the plugin and the article on the homepage, but I don't know how to turn off the plugin with options in the middle.

I don't want to turn it off at the beginning, but I want to be able to turn it on or off by selecting it in the middle of the game.

Can you help me?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ýou can't.

Turning on or off a plugin during gameplay is like trying to work on the engine of your car while driving 50 mph on the highway - it can't be done.

What can be done is turning functions of a plugin of or on IF the plugin programmer has prepared for that. That is similiar to someone installing switches in your car cockpit to control things.

So check the help for the plugin. If that includes commands to do what you want, OK.
If there is nothing like that in the help, then it's impossible

Dehsalp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ýou can't.

Turning on or off a plugin during gameplay is like trying to work on the engine of your car while driving 50 mph on the highway - it can't be done.

What can be done is turning functions of a plugin of or on IF the plugin programmer has prepared for that. That is similiar to someone installing switches in your car cockpit to control things.

So check the help for the plugin. If that includes commands to do what you want, OK.
If there is nothing like that in the help, then it's impossible
I know there is no way to turn the plugin itself on and off in the middle of the game.

What I want is that most of the plugins that work have plugin commands that can turn these options on or off, so I thought this plugin would have such a thing, so I asked.

This is because there seems to be no difference between the description in the plugin and the description in the homepage, so I could not find it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What I want is that most of the plugins that work have plugin commands that can turn these options on or off, so I thought this plugin would have such a thing, so I asked.
only some of the plugins have plugin commands to turn themselves off. And in all cases they only exist because the plugin programmer added them, there is no such command automatically included.

Dehsalp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
only some of the plugins have plugin commands to turn themselves off. And in all cases they only exist because the plugin programmer added them, there is no such command automatically included.
I know it's not always in plugins.
just, i asked because I was wondering if I couldn't find it even though there was a way in the description on the site...

BudgetVersailles

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As far as I can tell there isn't a kill switch to use mid game. What you can do to workaround is use a script call mid game to change the speedline and face or battler graphic to a transparent image and set the duration to 1. If you have a sound effect set you'll have to change that too.
It will add a frame to your action sequence before performing a skill, but it's not noticeable.
You don't have to be in a battle to make script calls or use the cut ins, so you can just add it to an event on the map when you need to.
Look for var settings = $actionCutinSettings(); in the help file to find the info on creating a template and how to call it.

Dehsalp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As far as I can tell there isn't a kill switch to use mid game. What you can do to workaround is use a script call mid game to change the speedline and face or battler graphic to a transparent image and set the duration to 1. If you have a sound effect set you'll have to change that too.
It will add a frame to your action sequence before performing a skill, but it's not noticeable.
You don't have to be in a battle to make script calls or use the cut ins, so you can just add it to an event on the map when you need to.
Look for var settings = $actionCutinSettings(); in the help file to find the info on creating a template and how to call it.

In the script call
var settings = $actionCutinSettings();
Can I use this script?

I used it as an event, but the action cut-in comes out as it is. ㅜ.ㅜ

BudgetVersailles

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the script call
var settings = $actionCutinSettings();
Can I use this script?

I used it as an event, but the action cut-in comes out as it is. ㅜ.ㅜ
You need to do more than just that script.
Scroll down to 'Custom Settings' in the plugin help section, and it explains everything you need to add.
For example, to change the duration to 1 you need to add 'settings.duration = 1;' to the script call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Degica has discounts on Humble for games and older Makers. I don't know which A-train to choose. :-D
Hey, uh...refresh my memory. What do i do if I want a thread I made deleted?
I made a cool pixel render of my protagonist!
I think it looks neat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XenoCore