Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bulgarian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys!
This might not be the right place to ask this, but I'm using SRD Hud Maker, and I need to make my own background pictures to use for it.
To keep it connected with my menus and such, I wanted to use my Window.png file to create them, but the background always looks different than what the game makes it in the actual menu windows.
I'm using 192 opacity for my menus but even with 255 it still looks different, can somebody please explain to me how I can create it so it matches? From what i gathered you use the left squares combined with the top right border, but the left squares always come out different than what is in the actual menu.
Window.png

EDIT: Here I'll show the difference: The left side is the menu background and the right rectangle is the one I've made manually. It's like it's like the center is not fully blue or it's using something else other than the window squares.
hud difference.jpg

Last edited:

Sanyee

Just a Random but really Cool NPC
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys!
This might not be the right place to ask this, but I'm using SRD Hud Maker, and I need to make my own background pictures to use for it.
To keep it connected with my menus and such, I wanted to use my Window.png file to create them, but the background always looks different than what the game makes it in the actual menu windows.
I'm using 192 opacity for my menus but even with 255 it still looks different, can somebody please explain to me how I can create it so it matches? From what i gathered you use the left squares combined with the top right border, but the left squares always come out different than what is in the actual menu.
Hey, AlmightyPebble, it wuld be good if you also pu screenshot of the menus so we can see the difference you talk about :)

Sanyee

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sanyee Yeah, sorry! Updated the post!
So, seeing the hud and the window picture I THINK I know what its the problem....

Window.png

The darker area of your window background is a little thick, see? So, as the hud is really small, maybe thats why ts so dark? Try making the dark area less thick...

Something like that....

Window.png

(I know its not pretty, its just a exemple lol)

And see if it solves the problem? :kaoswt: Its just a guess? haha

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The bottom-left quadrant is a pattern overlay for the window contents; typically it is mostly transparent (you can compare with the default Window.png image). Your overlay looks quite dark, try reducing its opacity. The base window colour is set in the database, on the System tab. :)

Sanyee

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The bottom-left quadrant is a pattern overlay for the window contents; typically it is mostly transparent (you can compare with the default Window.png image). Your overlay looks quite dark, try reducing its opacity. The base window colour is set in the database, on the System tab. :)
Oh, yeah...! I had completely forgotten about that...! :kaoswt:

Almightypebble

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bulgarian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you both, I tinkered around with the opacities, filled the first square completely and I've managed to make it look almost exactly the same, so that's good enough for me.
I did it with 20% first square on top of 90% second square.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I posted a funny gag reel of Drifty's video's here, but realized it was probably too riskay, so I deleted it, oops, lol.
Another room (actually other half of previous room)
What should I focus on today?

Character Portraits?
OR
Mapping?
Alright, I think I've got tired of VXAce. I guess I will jump to MV.
Just had a stranger SPRINT away from me in the grocery store. Talk about overreaction...
...I don't think I'm that ugly! ^-^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kirahilsdorf