How are you utilizing Galv's MV Magic Shards system?

a noble wolf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thank you in advance for your participation.

I have been looking over Galv's MV Magic Shards system and was wondering how it was being used by others.

Thank you again for your participation.

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm also curious, because I have no idea how to use it properly. The demo gives very little in the way of actual utility.

Zael

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've used Galv's Magic Shards to create a Rune System for my game Clarity's Edge. The Plugin is simply amazing, I love what it has allowed me to do. I've even gone as far as making a full suite of custom graphics for it. But I'll elaborate on mechanics because that's what we're here for.

There are a few different types of Runes and different characters are limited as far as what types they can use. I've integrated it into Yanfly's Skill Learning System so that you can purchase additional Rune slots to a maximum of 15 with JP (I call it AP in my game but it's his JP Plugin I'm using).

Runes of the same element Link when they are next to each other granting additional Skills, that way you can have equipping two of the same Rune grant you another Skill.

Example: Fire1Rune+Fire1Rune gets you Fire 1 and Fire 2. Fire1Rune+BlazeRune would get you Fire 1, Fire 3, and Fire 4. BlazeRune+BlazeRune would get you Fire 4 and Fire 5. If you set it up Fire1Rune+Fire1Rune+BlazeRune+BlazeRune, you would get all 5 Fire Spells for the cost of only 4 Rune Slots.

I've also made a ton of Links for Melee so that they can link Melee Strike Runes with some Elemental Runes to gain powerful Elemental Strikes, and done some similar things with Status Affecting Runes, Healing Runes, and Tanking Runes.

And once you have 15 Rune Slots, you might not want a wall of Skills, so I have Statistic Runes that you can use to gain flat or percentile bonuses to statistics as well as some special Runes like the Greed Rune that doubles gold drops from monsters and treasure chests, and the Counter Rune that makes you Counter 100% of Physical Attacks. Both of these are obviously some late game stuff, but just giving you as heavy a breakdown as I can because you can do soooo much with the Magic Shards Plugin.

Basically, the Rune System and how you Link them is the Magic System (and kind of a nifty puzzle of attaining skills) in my game although each Character has a set of moves that only they can gain / use. I also have two main characters that have very powerful Runes that are locked onto them and grant them some crazy special moves.

I hope that my explanation helps you guys understand some of the wild stuff you can do with this Plugin. Magic Shards is an amazing Plugin, very versatile, exceptionally compatible with other Plugins, and Galv is a genius. I would love to see some other ways to utilize it, and I'd love to hear it if you guys have any ideas for cool Runes. :)

Have a good one,

Z

frosq

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably a silly question but
how do you add more than one skill in a combination?
For exampe: I want to use fire shard + fire shard to grant my actor Fire1, Fire2, and Fire3
Because from what I've been trying, each combination only let me get one skill,
while adding more combination in the data overwrites the previous one

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People3_5 added!
index.php

Marketing seems to be about reducing dependence on luck to sell a product, as well as expanding the number of avenues in which luck can play a role in selling a product.
So, I've been wanting to do this randomized logic puzzle in my game for years now. I finally figured out how to do it by using arrays and a few small script calls. It's based on the Einstein Fish Puzzle! :D Though, I have no idea how to actually have the player put in answers.... might start a thread about it.

The projectiles shown in this video are as follows:
1, Basic Triple
2, 30-Degree Arc
3, Randomized Blast Wave
4, 8-way
5, 8-way Double
6, 8-way Slowness
7, 120-Degree Arc Repetitive
8, Projective Triple
9, Split 8-way
10, 2-way Split Randomized Arc
11, HP-MP Split Arc