how big are the resources packs?

IAmNobody

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, since the non-steam version of RPG Maker MV (the latest version) is only available for Windows, and I am a die-hard Mac user, I've decided to create a virtual Windows Hard Drive on my computer.

However, once the virtual hard drive is create, that part of the hard drive can never be used for the regular hard drive, and the virtual hard drive can't be expanded or shrunk down once it's made.

So with that in mind, I need to know, since this information isn't included on the purchase pages.

How big are the RPG Maker MV expansion packs? How many megabytes/gigabytes are they on average?

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/resources/rpg-maker-mv

The Tools?
The Music?
The animations?
Characters?
Enemies?
Tilesets?

The size of my hard drive is limited. So I need to know ahead of time how much disk space the resource packs are going to take up. Please help. Thank you for your time.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Tech Support' is for when you cannot get the engine to run.

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion and Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

It will be extremely hard to answer the question "what size are they on average" because by definition a music pack will be very much larger than a tile set pack. It will also depend on how many tracks there are, etc. Graphics packs also vary depending on what's in them. Perhaps you could be more specific about which packs you are interested in, and then someone who already has that pack could tell you the specific size.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You could just buy it then delete anything that you don't currently need. I mean, both steam and degica have ways to download stuff later, if you decide you really need a missing track or something.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
It will really depend on which packs you want to get as you dont need to buy them all, and because of different styles its also not advisable to use them all in a game anyway.. Better pick which ones you like/need then list those so that we can tell you how big those are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!
This forum is a great source of procrastination for me.
Today I read "The mouth speaks what the heart is full of." Simple, and reminds me I have a ton of work to do.
Why are cats so darn cute when their tongues are sticking out? If I did that, it wouldn't have the same effect.
The joy when you see a notification, the down when it's just a unnecessary quote of one of your posts again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlosr