How can I add a greater cost to summoning characters?

Luckyducky12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to add summons, but I want there to be a great cost to summoning those characters. Right now, I want it to take half of your Magic, Tech Points and Health, but I also want the summoning to be free of charge if you fill up a special meter available to only summoners.

How can I implement these mechanics? Especially the second bar, because i'm sure players will hate it if your only option was to lose half of all your stats.

Also, can I make the summons act on their own, or copy player attacks? I want them to be treated as an extra party member.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Implementation questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.

[move]RPGMaker MV[/move]

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Skills can call A Common Event.
Common Events can check for multiple Conditional Branches.

Calluses

Bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's plugins can do this pretty easily.

Skill Core will let you change the costs of everything easily.
http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/13/yep-8-skill-core/

Auto Passive States will allow you to set a state dependant on, TP, Health, Mana and you can use variables to set another meter if you've got enough experience with the engine. In this state, you'd seal off the original summoning skill and give them a new one that uses the bar instead.
http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/17/yep-13-auto-passive-states/

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are dozens of possible solutions depending on how you make the summon.
Above are a few possibilities, but you need to tell us how you summon an actor before we can point you to the best solution (damage formula code is another option for example)

Luckyducky12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's plugins can do this pretty easily.

Skill Core will let you change the costs of everything easily.
http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/13/yep-8-skill-core/

Auto Passive States will allow you to set a state dependant on, TP, Health, Mana and you can use variables to set another meter if you've got enough experience with the engine. In this state, you'd seal off the original summoning skill and give them a new one that uses the bar instead.
http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/17/yep-13-auto-passive-states/
I'm sorry, but I'm still very new to this. Is there some kind of documentation or video tutorial that I can use to learn how to implement variables in this way?

Luckyducky12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are dozens of possible solutions depending on how you make the summon.
Above are a few possibilities, but you need to tell us how you summon an actor before we can point you to the best solution (damage formula code is another option for example)
I'm actually looking to make a sort of original summoning system, so right now I don't have a way to summon them.

However, if I need a baseline system, I will use one.

EDIT: I'm experimenting with Some Random Dude's Summon Core Plugin right now, if it helps.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Diary ---

M.Mage: It's the F.Mage's Diary. While she isn't here,i can read it.

May, 10: I'm hurt after the battle with the Minotaur. But luckily,F.Healer heal me with her Heal-2. That why,i Fall in Love with her.

M.Mage: Eh???
So... some of my Desktop hardware has kicked it apparently (still trying to figure out what and how at the moment :/ ) .... yay?
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Made a HUGE (YYOOOOJJ) Update to Monstructs and moving towards a Steam Early Access release!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
touchegambling